Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template locations
I seem to have lost a couple of templates in the upgrade process. Where are they stored in the file system?
What version were you upgrading to? There was a brief period there a few beta versions back where there was an issue with some upgrading of the data, and some would fail and therefore not make it forward. But that's been taken care of AFAIK and shouldn't happen now.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Not quite sure when I lost them - where should I look in previous versions. Are the templates in plain view? Are Don't want to have to roll back the whole thing.
If you haven't been backing them up, then they are gone. The installer backs up the previous installation each time. So after a second one, they would have been lost. If you backed up before you upgraded, then they are in the [cqc]\CQCData\DataServer\Interfaces directory.

However, you can't just move them forward manually, because they won't get upgraded. Once you copy them forward, run the installer and just let it do an upgrade pass.
Dean Roddey
I have a backup, but I've added a lot of new templates since then. Want to save those, so have looked to create a template pack for them, and to import them into the backed up/upgraded templates from my backup. However, looking at the process, there appears to be no way of selectively adding templates to the template pack, and no way of selectively importing templates from a template pack. Have I missed something?
Template packs only hold one template currently. But I'm not sure from your description what are you looking to do. If you want to save your templates, just back up the directory again. It's best to just have the whole thing saved away if you are going to save anything. It's not much space, and it insures you can always get back to that version if needed.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Template scaling George M 4 543 10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: George M
  SOLVED: VLC dll Issues with CQC Interface Template Viewer gReatAutomation 3 885 06-17-2019, 06:17 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  template timeouts and LoadOverlay command Shaky 9 1,797 04-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Does the auto-gen template system support Roku? ghurty 3 1,152 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Hiding Command Buttons on template kfly 5 1,476 12-14-2018, 06:52 PM
  Nice job on the scaling! 1 template for the 1st time! IVB 0 1,024 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Copied an autogen template for the Elk, but the arm/disarm doesnt work now ghurty 3 1,322 06-03-2018, 05:38 PM
  Docs Link broken - Template Scaling Shaky 3 2,021 03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
  Interface Template editor widget view gone? rbroders 3 1,877 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Template for Elk Secuity George M 16 4,285 01-26-2018, 10:19 AM
Last Post: George M