Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OmniStat Fan Mode, Toggle x 3?
Hi kids! It's been awhile since I've had a chance to tweak on my system and I'm in a mood so...

I'm trying to build out a new GUI based on Ripper's killer OmniStat image. I want it to function, as much as is reasonably possible, like the stat itself. One issue that simplifies the GUI work is if I just create toggle type button commands on the three buttons below the LCD screen. The middle button is labeled as FAN (above on the LCD, like the stat itself) and has a field text widget that displays the current fan mode (above on the LCD, like the stat itself). I have already used the XLat to accommodate the new "Cycle" mode (which I love) and correctly display the state of the fan. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn the virtual hard button below the screen into a toggle that will cycle through three potential modes (Auto, Run, Cycle). I would typically just read the field, populate an LVar with it's state and then use an if, else statement to toggle between two modes but, how does one toggle through three different modes? I will also need to do the same with the stats run mode (heat, cool, auto, off). Any ideas?
[IMG][Image: InitialStat.jpg][/IMG]
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
You would just use a nested set of if statements, like:

Code:
If (value 1)
   Set value 2
Else
   If (value 2)
      Set value 3
   Else
      Set value 1
   EndIf;
EndIf;

So, if it's value 1, set value 2. Otherwise it has to be 2 or 3, in the Else part. In there, check if it's 2. If so, set it to 3. Otherwise it has to be 3, so set it back to 1.

Does that image not have a transparent background? I'd assume it does, so that you can blend it into your background image.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Like a baby bird, I shall nest. Thanks, Dean.

Also, no, the image has white back ground poking out of the two rounded corners, so I had to throw in a white image behind. It actually looks better with the white surround than it did with just white at the corners.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
Cool, Dean. Like almost all of my questions, there was a very simple answer. Works like a charm. My CQC "virtual" OmniStat now has all of the same functionality and feedback as the one on the wall. Pretty cool (I think).
Oops. It seems that Ripper's .png's are cool. I just got all the white crap in place of transparency due to working on my most underpowered machine. I'll have to use another machine to manage the images and it will look much nicer. All in all, I love it. Using a volume knob setup for adjustments mimics the OmniStat wheel and is a hell of a lot of fun to play with.
Nope. As usual, I was wrong. No matter which machine I use (I've tried three), the .png's all import into the CQC "manage images..." with the transparent portion of the .png filled in white. Is there a setting I need to adjust in CQC? If I just open the images with, say, Windows Pic Viewer, it shows correctly. It's only when I import into CQC that it goes squirrelly on me.
Are you clicking on the "Color Transparency" checkbox and pulling the little tag down to the white background of the image in the CQC Interface Image Preview? Look at the bottom screen shot on page 15 and see the option in the top left of the screen shot. If you don't see a transparent background on the preview, it won't be transparent in the IV.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
D'oh...got it. Thanks!
Normally you wouldn't need to do that. There's something wrong about that PNG that's preventing it from having the correct alpha based transparency.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If ... Else to create toggle command? finish.06 3 2,032 06-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Kiosk Mode ellisr63 9 2,799 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Image toggle? rtarver 4 1,671 09-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Last Post: rtarver
  Web widget stuff worked in trial mode but... AnthonyZ 2 2,216 06-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: AnthonyZ
  Kiosk Mode Issue brathnach 5 2,607 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM
  HVAC mode selection AceCannon 2 1,533 11-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Last Post: AceCannon
  Kiosk Mode klindy 2 1,301 07-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Last Post: klindy
  Standby mode options rm1759 1 1,206 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
  How do I get out of Kiosk mode? dcpete 7 10,072 01-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Wireless tablets and entering/exiting standby mode MikeW 9 2,407 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Last Post: bph