Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question about the Runtime Driver
I use currently use the runtime driver to keep track of the daily, weekly, and monthly runtimes of my HVAC system. However, now that it is much colder, I routinely see runtimes go over 24 hours (on the weekly and clearly monthly times).

When I use the time widget to display the runtime, it goes back to zero after 24 hours. So 24 hours and 30 minutes appears as 00:30.

Is this a limitation of the runtime driver or the time widget? In otherwords, does the runtime driver keep track of times greater than 24 hours?

Not only would I like to display the times correctly, I'd also like to create a new "Filter" timer that would add up all the runtime and trigger at something like 300 hours letting me know it is time to change out the HVAC filters. Can the current runtime driver do this? If so, then what do I need to do to get my time widgets to show the total number of hours even when it goes above 24?

Thanks,
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
It would appear that you have it set to show hours and minutes, i.e. a time of the day, but what you are displaying is a count of time, not a time of day. So I think you'd want to use the elapsed minutes token instead?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Correct, you definitely need to use the elapsed time tokens.

You could use the TotalRunTime field to keep track of total time of use.
OK - so it is clear that the RunTimer driver does count higher than 24 hours. I verified this by checking my current runtime driver and my monthly elapse run time is 2026854830000 which I think is about 3 days and 8 hours.

So I am using a Time Field Widget to display the time. It is tied to the Total Run Time of the HVAC RunTime Driver I am using. So the time looks fine, and counts up when the HVAC system is running. But it simply doesn't show the time accurately when it gets above 24 total elapsed hours. Is this not the widget to use?

I guess I am at a loss to actual impliment what Dean was suggesting. I'm not sure what type of widget to use or how to set it to a Elapse minutes token (or even what that is).
Other systems used:
That's the correct widget, but in the interface properties, there is a place for the time FORMAT....all those %s (%m) %HH stuff. One of those should be for "elapsed". Use those instead of normal type format chars.

Otherwise, if you just display normal days with the elapsed time, it'll always start at 1, instead of 0.
No such love with the "Elapse" option. They are all "date" related as far as I can tell.

[Image: TimeWidget.png]
Other systems used:
You aren't limited to the ones in that list. Those are just ones you might commonly use. You can type in any of the possible tokens you might want to use. They are documented in the CML Time class.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web/Support/...untime.htm
Dean Roddey
OK - I guess I'll read the manual. :-)

So now I changed the Time Format to be %(E). Now I get a result of 21009227. So is there an XLAT or similar process to put this time into a readable format?

Do I have to read the time into a GVar and then do a bunch of math on the GVar to display it?
Other systems used:
Actually, I think what you want is the %(x), which will format it out in ellapsed days, hours and minutes. Looks like that didn't get properly documented when it was added a while back. I'll update the docs, sorry.
Dean Roddey
Thanks. That was the missing link. Now everything looks great. I've added back the monthly runtimes - I had removed them because of the way I had them displayed made no sense.
Other systems used:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RFXcom driver or Tellstick driver kernal69 8 2,651 01-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  Dune driver wait for config error ellisr63 44 8,545 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Server hardware question rhosch 3 1,410 10-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: rhosch
  TTS II Driver requirements znelbok 1 869 05-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Basic Z Wave/CQC Integration Question MikeW 6 2,600 12-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: MikeW
  CQC to PowerView Hub via Serial Driver Deane Johnson 18 6,754 05-14-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  event and subsequent countdown timer question dogman 9 3,941 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dogman
  HAI Driver Issue avtexan 6 3,400 04-06-2018, 02:06 PM
  webriva template question lleo 21 9,532 01-08-2018, 08:53 AM
  Monoprice 8x8 HDMI matrix Driver NightLight 13 8,665 09-04-2017, 09:45 AM