Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebControl Driver (Native)
Yeah but I am having issues with it showing all my temp sensors at 127.9 degrees. Think it might be the power supply.
CQC, C-Bus, M1, Advantage Air HVAC
Getting ready to buy one of these. There are 2 firmware versions of the WebControl, one with BRE and one with PCL. Does the CQC driver support one of these specifically, or does it not matter?

robolo
Has this driver been relatively stable for everyone? I need some digital inputs as well as humidity and was looking at the webcontrol board.
I don't know if its adoption rate has been too high. Mine works fine but I think I've heard the UI has changed and since the driver scrapes the UI there may be some work required for it.

I can share the driver code for others to modify if they like. I would offer to update to handle both old & new UI but I don't quite have to time to really work on it right now.
I just tried this driver on my unit. Didn't work. I'm running the 916 beta. Attached is the log.

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLogFileSnap.Txt (Size: 12.5 KB / Downloads: 2)
--Kill all the serial ports--
It was going along, and doing ok. Then it started parsing the response for digital inputs and failed with a string index error. After that, it started getting URL not fully qualified errors, then it cycled. Not sure if the string index is related to the URL errors or not. But somewhere in the processing of the digital input values it appeared to go wrong.

I'm not sure if you have maybe a newer version, or just have some scenario not forseen originally that's tripped it up. Hard to say without actually testing it in the IDE.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I poked around a bit and noticed its loading index.cgi which isn't valid on my webcontrol. Its index.htm. I changed that part of the driver, but didn't fix it. I thought I might get lucky.

I attached the index.htm file. I renamed it to html because the forums don't like htm.

Attached Files
.html   index.html (Size: 11.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
This is the deepest I've dug into CQC drivers. I've found a few things.

It seems the device I have is significantly different than the one the driver supports. The status page says "Version: v03.02.17". The index.cgi doesn't exist and I can't find the string or similar that the driver references "Temperature 1-8 =". Also the documentation says to references URLs to access the sensors such as http://10.0.1.54/geth1.cgi

So I hacked up the driver. Its not pretty but its working for me Smile
All it does is humidity and temp right now. Hopefully I'll be able to clean it up soon. If someone wants it as is, just let me know.
I never thought I would be writing a CQC driver, but it's true. I've pretty much re-written this thing with all of the original functionality. All but a few bits remain. I was originally just going to make the old driver work, but you know... One thing leads to another. So yea, its basically a rewrite.

It now works on the current Webcontrol PLC units with XML parsing, error checking, faster, better, stronger, etc Smile

My main concern was error checking and taking the driver offline if a sensor disconnects because I'm going to be using this with a DIY thermostat.

Its attached.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   WebControl-BB.CQCDrvPack (Size: 4.24 KB / Downloads: 7)
(03-10-2013, 08:29 PM)bbrendon Wrote: I never thought I would be writing a CQC driver, but it's true. I've pretty much re-written this thing with all of the original functionality. All but a few bits remain. I was originally just going to make the old driver work, but you know... One thing leads to another. So yea, its basically a rewrite.

It now works on the current Webcontrol PLC units with XML parsing, error checking, faster, better, stronger, etc Smile

My main concern was error checking and taking the driver offline if a sensor disconnects because I'm going to be using this with a DIY thermostat.

Its attached.

Could someone re-post this driver. Because of the forum upgrade the link no longer works.

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 58 17,645 06-03-2022, 11:27 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 520 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,296 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 446 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 541 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,079 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 596 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 341,180 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,489 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 843 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M