Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IR codes for GC100
I know this has been discussed before but I just got a GC100 and I have 1 piece of equipment that needs IR codes. I trained the UIRT for this device but now I want to use the GC100. Can I use the UIRT codes I have? Not into buying the GC learner for one device.
If you are on the 3.x versions, then you should be able to just load the UIRT device model into the GC-100 driver and it'll convert it for you automatically.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
How? I tried to export from UIRT and import into GC...gave an error stating it cannot be imported into GC100. I tried to load it in the GC but there were no devices to load...only in the UIRT is this available.

I am on 3.05
I could have sworn you could do that now. Actually, wasn't that done even before 3.0? What error does it give you?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:I could have sworn you could do that now. Actually, wasn't that done even before 3.0?

Um...aren't you the programmer??? :-D

Here is the info from the error file:

--------------------------------------
Time: Fri, Sep 18 23:21:43 2009 -0400
OS Info: 5.1.3 [2600]

Error Dump
01/01 00:00:00-fileserver, CQCClient, MainThread
{
CQCIR, CQCIR_BlasterDevModel.cpp.394, API Failed/Data Format, Error: 3007/0/0
This device was exported from a USB-UIRT device, and cannot be imported into this GlobalCache device
}
Hmmm.... I wonder if it can only be imported if you have the GC learner. I'm pretty sure I added the ability to import UIRT device models into other devices and to manually paste command data from UIRT models into other devices when training. But it may be that, because the GC-100 driver is a blaster and not a learner, that it doesn't allow that for some reason. I'd have to dig into it tomorrow. Does the GC-100 allow you to edit the model and manually paste in the codes?
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Hmmm.... I wonder if it can only be imported if you have the GC learner. I'm pretty sure I added the ability to import UIRT device models into other devices and to manually paste command data from UIRT models into other devices when training. But it may be that, because the GC-100 driver is a blaster and not a learner, that it doesn't allow that for some reason. I'd have to dig into it tomorrow. Does the GC-100 allow you to edit the model and manually paste in the codes?

I don't think you did yet. I have also run into this same issue even after you and I worked through adding some the new IR features a couple of months ago.
I was able to manually enter .ccf's on the the last install I completed (thankfully, 'cause I left my GC learner at home!). When editing the device, it gives the option of learning or C&P'ing. For the most part, it worked quite well.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
The GC, I think, lets you enter data manually. How do I get it out of the UIRT to manually enter it into the GC w/o a learner?
Export the IR file and open it in a text editor. You'll see the commands and the data associated with each command in there. You can cut and past over to the GC.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to paste IR codes for the GC-100 Deane Johnson 25 7,696 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Samsung PN58B860 IR Codes - GC-100 potts.mike 4 2,777 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  Ir Codes eded9698 3 2,054 08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Last Post: eded9698
  Tutorial: Learning IR Codes With The GC-IRL zpollock 5 3,280 07-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Harmon Kardon AVR IR codes needed penngray 3 2,104 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Last Post: jpants
  r2di IR codes for sharp tv? pjwinstalls 0 1,276 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Last Post: pjwinstalls
  Anyone willing to share their IRExport files for a DirecTV HR20 via GC100? rhix 11 3,263 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Last Post: rhix