Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generic Irrigation Scheduler
I think I am back up again. I ended up rebuilding the whole thing (thanks kblagron for the templates etc.). I am watching it for a couple of days to make sure it stays stable.
What do we need to do to get a new system driver so we don't need to do this when something changes in the system?
Thanks
George M
It will take a lot of work to understand what that guy is doing, to get it rewritten for modern times, and create a client side configuration interface for it, and presumably work out some better ways to do the templates since he's doing some very old fashioned stuff that is quite heavyweight. It was the only stuff possible at the time, but I imagine it could be done better now.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Was checking to see if anyone got this working. I would love to use it with my Irrigation Caddy.
I was using it until last Fall without issue from what I recall. I would have been on whatever the latest CQC version was around Sept 2019. I had to manually edit the various text files to add a new zone I think though so something is not 100% with it and the latest CQC iterations. Likely can be made to work with a little manual manipulation to the config files. Pretty sure I posted some configs in this thread at one point that you could use as starting points.
-Mike G
My Irrigation Scheduler driver is still working but it uses the Rain8net driver.  According to the Docs, that shouldn't matter but not sure how to get it working with Irrigation Caddy.  From what I remember out Irrigation Caddy, it actually does some of the functions of Irrigation Scheduler like weather adjustments, etc.

Go to Post #555 to +/- #560 in this thread.  I uploaded the templates Jkish built (adjusted for relative paths) and also included the text files that goes in the CQCData\MacroFileRoot folder.  I believe some were modifying by hand, but I am able to use his templates to perform all of the editing.  I put those templates in a folder off of the \User folder, and then accessed the main template "Irrigation", which will then allow you to access all of the others to perform editing of your files.  Jkish used some custom fonts on these templates, so they will show up as follows:  ? = Double Arrow Up, W = Single Arrow Up, / = Double Arrow Down, S = Single Arrow Down, 1 = Run, and x = Delete.

Hope this helps.
Can anyone comment on whether or not this driver is necessary with the RainMachine, which has it's own weather data and calculations?
(03-12-2020, 10:52 AM)gReatAutomation Wrote: Can anyone comment on whether or not this driver is necessary with the RainMachine, which has it's own weather data and calculations?

Definitely not needed!

That is why I switched from Rain8/Irrigation Scheduler to the RainMachine.  We are trying to make the RainMachine driver have most of the display functionality of the Irrigation Scheduler, but any calculations to change how much your sprinklers run is now done within RainMachine.  

There are still a few things I like about Irrigation Scheduler - The History file, easier control of when it waters or doesn't water as RainMachine in most respects is a black box.  It more or less tells you I am going to water 50% of what you planned, but doesn't easily tell you why.  You had complete  control with Irrigation Scheduler.

I think we can continue to move RainMachine to have that and many more features, but the JSON data it provides back through its API sometimes requires 4 and 5 While Loops to access, making it not as easy as you would think.
(03-12-2020, 12:03 PM)kblagron Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 10:52 AM)gReatAutomation Wrote: Can anyone comment on whether or not this driver is necessary with the RainMachine, which has it's own weather data and calculations?

..sometimes requires 4 and 5 While Loops to access, making it not as easy as you would think.

Ouch...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 50 6,027 06-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Generic Modbus Driver - Serial & IP znelbok 25 16,788 10-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Irrigation Caddy - WIFI Version (IC-W1) kblagron 0 2,049 05-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Generic Database Driver - Beta Mikla 109 42,930 01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Mikla