Test2 has the following set up on the template's Action tab:

[OnLoad]
InfViewer::SetTimout(5, False)

[OnTimeout]
InfViewer::LoadNewTemplate(Test1)

Test1 just has a Command Button with this action:

[OnClick]
InfViewer::LoadNewTemplate(Test2)

The above doesn't work. After 5 seconds, I'm still looking at Test2 It does work if I change it so that Test2 is a popup.

Test 2 action:

[OnLoad]
InfViewer::SetTimout(5, False)

[OnTimeout]
InfViewer::Exit()

Test 1 button:

[OnClick]
InfViewer::InvokePopup(Test2, 255, -1, -1)

Now here's the weird part, it's not just InfViewer actions that fail in the OnTimeout of the main template. Even simple stuff like hiding or showing a static text widget doesn't work. It's like the OnTimeout event just doesn't fire if the template is the only thing loaded in the interface viewer (i.e. no popups or anything).
It only works in popups currently. And it should only be working in the top-most popup at any given time as well, AFAIK.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Any chance this is getting fixed soon?

My original problem is that I have interfaces that are layered--there's the main interface, and on top of it is a family photo, and on top of that is a numeric keypad. The idea is that you can log in to use the interface and the touchscreen lets you use the interface until you're inactive for 10 minutes, then it reverts back to the family photo.

Originally I was using states and countdown timers to handle that. There was a state that said "is the countdown timer not zero", and if it was true it would hide the family photo. The photo was initially invisible, and it all worked out.

The problem is that with version 3, it broke. Initially invisible conflicts with state-based hide/show, so I can't use initially invisible anymore. The side effect is that any time I confuse the interface viewer anything that is supposed to be hidden based on state shows itself temporarily. This happens a lot with the project I'm working on since we've got so many points that get checked in each interface. My thought for working around that was originally to set up a trigger on my countdown timer and an event in my template that does the hiding and showing for me, but that doesn't work either--either the trigger isn't firing or the event handler in the template isn't catching it. So now I'm stuck with an interface that goes all wonky on me a lot and I need to get it fixed.
It's not really broken or anything. That's as designed, because in the case of a popup there's a reasonable way to do that kind of thing, and it was primarily created to allow popups to exit on a timed basis. The other things were just kind of easy fallout from their being available.

But I'll look at what would be required to have it work in the main template.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:But I'll look at what would be required to have it work in the main template.

I could use that too - I time out templates myself (or try too) and a built in functionality would work much better

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem Moving CQC to new Computer kblagron 12 959 02-17-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  OnTimeout & OnLoad gReatAutomation 14 3,134 05-15-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 2,132 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
  Problem with B&K Driver / Keypad kblagron 9 3,669 03-19-2019, 12:00 PM
  Problem with EventGhost Driver batwater 2 1,525 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM
  Lost Power - Elk connection problem Ron Haley 7 3,331 03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Ron Haley
  Windows 10 1803 and TTS problem Ishmael 5 2,712 06-13-2018, 12:33 PM
  Problem with Genre Browser pjgregory 4 2,884 03-02-2018, 09:34 AM
  Problem with Jetstream Driver RichardU 16 7,142 02-27-2018, 03:05 PM