Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations video switch / touch panel
Hi Everyone,

I'm just getting started with CQC, and I'm looking for a compatible touchpanel (in-wall) and an Autopatch/Extron switch.

Haven't really found any in-wall touchscreen running xpe or xp for less than 2k anyone know of anything out there?

As for the switch I was looking for something 8x8 with component and possibly analog audio. What models can CQC control?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
There are indeed in wall touch screens running XPe for under $2K. Look at Borg Displays. If you contact Craig Slawson (Borg is his user name here at CQC) he'll fill you in on details on their "Development Program". That will get you into up to two 8" touch screens at sub $1K/each.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
Thanks for the suggestion Anthony, I'll try to get in touch with them on monday.
If used is acceptable, I love the Extron Crosspoints. They're extremely easy to use but rather fixed in function. The only gotcha is that there are at least two protocols out there so the old require a patch to the shipping driver. Big bucks new. I currently have a 12x8 that I got cheap on eBay. VERY nice. It also has an 8x4 friend that I'm probably going to be using for SD. At this point, I haven't gotten close to the capacity of the 12x8 so that's not definite. I'm currently doing component with analog audio for 1 input and svideo and digital audio for the second input. I can mix/match based on the output device. I almost have all the pieces to hook ZoomPlayer up as my 4th input pair so that will compliment my 2 cable boxes and 777. I started out with composite in the mix but all of composite outputs can accept svideo so I'm eliminating those.

The AutoPatches are nice in that you can reconfigure them but you have to be careful about have a master to control any additional housings. Someone who knows these beasts is EXTREMELY helpful as bandwidth is a part I still haven't been able to figure out. The support on these is nice cause a serial number will get you how the device shipped to the customer when it was new. Big bucks new.

The B&T CT6xx series is another option with the HD6 addon for HD if you need it. I started with this but I didn't want to spend the $ to add the HD6 but I wanted HD. Some of these offer built in radio tuners. These are still available new and used.

For other newer devices, Mark Stega and several others have played with a couple of them.

Russ...
For touch panels, I really like the 7" lilliput with a thin client driving it. Once I get the touch portion working and get it in the master bath, I'll get some pictures up. I also plan a 15" ELO in the theater, with a thin client driving it also. There have been several in-wall mounts of an ELO. My mounts are planned to be arm mounted at this point for flexibility.

Russ...
zaccari Wrote:For touch panels, I really like the 7" lilliput with a thin client driving it. Once I get the touch portion working and get it in the master bath, I'll get some pictures up. I also plan a 15" ELO in the theater, with a thin client driving it also. There have been several in-wall mounts of an ELO. My mounts are planned to be arm mounted at this point for flexibility.

Russ...

Which thin clients are you using? The t5720 won't (apparently) do 800x480 natively, and I'm too cheap/lazy to buy the PCI riser and find a pci video card if there's at all a simpler/cheaper way.
I looked on the CQC users list but don't see Borg.
I love my Touchtronix displays, using the built in UTMA. I have 3 running off my CQC Master server, as well as my security DVR software, and they are very snappy, and look great.

I'm not sure of the current state of the company though, based on the changes in their website. It doesn't look like they are doing much.

I did contact the owner a few months ago about one of my screens. I had purchased a year ago, and never powered it up (I tested 2 of the 3 when I got them) and it did not boot. Dwayne had me ship it to him, and fixed it for no charge (turned out to be a connector that came loose...prob during shipping).

It might be worth a phone call to him though. I really love the product.

If they aren't selling their touchscreens anymore, you could do the same thing with a touchscreen and a Ncomputing terminal. The technology works very well.

The other benefit to this topology for touchscreens, is that I only had to upgrade the CQC server to the latest version, and all of my touchscreens were good to go.
What about the ASUS eee Top? These machines look pretty good and are reasonable. Does anyone have one?
Rob
anogee Wrote:I looked on the CQC users list but don't see Borg.

http://www.borgdisplays.com/Home_Page.html
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door locks and door video rhosch 24 5,446 11-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: rhosch
  Wall tablet/touchscreen recommendations? rhosch 17 3,747 10-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  GE Heavy Duty 40 Amp Outdoor Switch (14285) / Misting System gReatAutomation 0 748 06-11-2019, 04:44 PM
  GE Z-Wave Outdoor Switch / Garage Door / Alarm gReatAutomation 0 785 06-11-2019, 03:53 PM
  New tutorial video Dean Roddey 2 1,652 11-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  Video Widget znelbok 67 33,798 04-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Security video with CQC bryanb 19 7,661 04-22-2016, 05:13 PM
  ISY Driver not picking up switch Sendero 4 2,636 01-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  Z-Wave Switch Question jbh5000 5 2,778 06-14-2013, 10:56 PM
  Load personal video files into repository? brathnach 7 4,178 05-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Last Post: wuench