Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NWS Weather Alert Driver
Ya, my handling of html response codes was pretty spartan.

I'll attempt to take a look at it next week. I'm finally going to try and end my year long hibernation and get CQC running again....I miss my outside temperatures.
It might be a local thing because my driver is working fine. No lost comms or disconnects and I get the weather alerts just fine - we have severe thunderstorms in the area right now.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
I hate to be dense but I haven't used User events before and this is hard to test ahead of time.

I am trying to receive an email when I see a hard freeze. Are user events the best way to do this or just a regular triggered event?
I updated the first post. It takes care of two things.

1. The NWS web server is redirecting requests so it now deals with those redirects.

2. The changes in 4.2.907 to catch an error previously uncaught by the CML compiler affected an XML library that multiple of Rob's drivers used so it wouldn't compile.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Works well so far. I will post any issues. Thanks for the repair.
Thanks,
Dave Bruner
Cool
I just realized that this driver is kicking out errors now. I'm sure it there has been a change in the underlying CQC structure that is now preventing the driver from working.

Attached is a log of the errors I am getting. If anyone is willing to look at it and figure out what is wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Attached Files
.txt   CIDLogFileSnap.Txt (Size: 1.7 KB / Downloads: 3)
Other systems used:
If you are using the shipped one, that couldn't be happening, since I know all the shipped drivers compile fine. You must still be using an older, User mode one?
Dean Roddey
I don't think there is a shipped version. This isn't the weather service driver, this this a National Weather Service Alert driver which reads your local severe weather alerts via XML or similar feed.

I double checked the drivers listed on the main site and I don't see a NWS Weather Alert Driver listed.

Edit - I should note that besides the errors I now get, the driver use to work just fine. So if it could be easily recompiled to work, I think it could/should be included in the released versions.
Other systems used:
A few posts above I mention I already fixed this guy, so just grab the updated version on the first post of this thread.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:A few posts above I mention I already fixed this guy, so just grab the updated version on the first post of this thread.

OK - I was confused because the driver in the first post has a lower version number than the version I was using (1.0 vs 1.6), but clearly the 1.0 version on the first page is the latest version.

EDIT - I can confirm that the 1.0 driver listed in the first post did clear up the errors I was getting. Thanks Dean.
Other systems used:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 13 3,119 06-16-2021, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 54 10,290 06-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 8,858 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 227 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 305,044 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 1,508 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 488 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M
  OpenWeatherMap Weather Driver Using OneCall API kblagron 11 2,384 05-18-2020, 04:09 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  JVC D-ILA Driver jokermac 34 10,501 04-13-2020, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Ambient Weather simplextech 2 917 01-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Last Post: simplextech