Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we get a "Screen Shot" Forum?
Dean,

Would it be possible to create a sub forum for screen shots. The idea being that users could create threads with just their screenshots (and template packs if they desire). I love looking at other people's work to get ideas, but the screen shots tend to get lost in all the user threads.

We should still use the user threads to hold discussions (perhaps the first post of each screen shot thread should have a hyperlink to the discussion thread) so the screen shot thread wouldn't get bogged down too many posts. Maybe those threads could even be locked by default - as long as the owner could still modify and add to their own threads.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
I second the motion.
Recovering (quasi) ex-professional integrator...wait...scratch that. I'm back in the field and should probably have my head examined...
HAI, UPB, Parasound, Global Cache GC100 and IR learner, DatalogDB, Barix Barionet (I need to buy another one of these!), Weather, RFID, Logic Server
I'd almost suggest an Interfaces forum, to be more specific than screenshots (since what would you really want a screenshot of, except the interfaces?). Kind of the Drivers forum equivalent. Any kind of trading/swapping post for interfaces would be good in my book, since I'm often at a loss for how to even begin a new interface and make it functional AND visually appealing.
great idea!
OK, there's a child forum of this one called Swap Meet.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Great Name!

Thanks Dean.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Nice! I've got some macros I'd be happy to share, so long as it's understood there's no "support" offered along with it. Just like a swap meet...user beware! Confusedhock:

What do you think Dean, is it worth putting in the Swap Meet forum rules that you should put [Macro] or [Interface] in your subject line?
I'd just say make the title very clear, whatever it is. There might be more than one thing involved in sharing something. I.e. an interface may require some macros and so forth.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DaveB Screen Shots DaveB 7 4,045 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: DaveB
  New screen layout rtarver 5 3,837 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Call for CEDIA screen shots Mark Stega 10 5,156 07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Micro Mini PocketPC 4" Touch Screen sweethip 1 2,391 05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Jukebox screen rm1759 22 8,447 02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Dean.. QQ regarding screen caps emillika 6 3,905 12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Touch Screen with Thin Client Built In DaveB 26 8,839 10-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Bugman
  Some ones screen's I saw and now cannt find simon 4 3,025 09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Helheim
  How i am using CQC to control screen masking indygreg 4 5,346 08-21-2007, 06:21 AM
Last Post: indygreg
  800 x 480 Main Screen Concept Double_J 0 2,028 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Double_J