Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Net RIVA Client
Oh, sorry. I'll get that fixed. I may have already done that, but haven't done a technical docs upload yet.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
If I set the size to 320x480, why does it request 320x504? Sounds to me like at some point it drift from the FrameSize.Height to this.Height for the full window, including the menu at the top... Wink
Field Generator 0.65: Create CQC fields on the fly, from external applications.
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
TaRIVA 1.26: Android RIVA client.
Fonceur Wrote:I am playing a bit with the source and found a bug in MessageEngine.cs, line 287, it should be:

"Address: " + ipaddress.ToString()

since address itself is null...
Thanks,

I fixed the logging issue and posted 1.7. However, I really recommend using a numeric IP address as DNS name resolution is really slow on CE devices.
Mark Stega
Fonceur Wrote:If I set the size to 320x480, why does it request 320x504? Sounds to me like at some point it drift from the FrameSize.Height to this.Height for the full window, including the menu at the top... Wink
I presume you are talking about the full framework version - This is intended only as a code example; Feel free to modify it as you desire. The code in MainForm.cs does a "this.Size = InitialSize" to set the client working area to the specified size. In the CF version the window is always maximised.
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:However, I really recommend using a numeric IP address as DNS name resolution is really slow on CE devices.
Well, in order to use it on a smart phone, most people wouldn't have access to a static numerical IP address, and would rely on some redirection from dydns or such... Which is how I am testing on batwater's home system... Wink
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
I have noticed on my WM6.1 Omnia that the RIVA client tries to load automatically when the phone is rebooted. But in that state, the phone is not yet ready to communicate with 3G so it always fails. I have to exit the dialogs to use the phone. Any idea how to keep it from trying to autostart the RIVA client?

It will connect OK when started manually after everything is running.
Mark Stega Wrote:I presume you are talking about the full framework version - This is intended only as a code example
I see. Since I took over Broconne's code as a starting point, I was trying to get both logon request to match. But yes, if you are in full screen mode and using the native resolution, those probably match.
kayemsi Wrote:I have noticed on my WM6.1 Omnia that the RIVA client tries to load automatically when the phone is rebooted. But in that state, the phone is not yet ready to communicate with 3G so it always fails. I have to exit the dialogs to use the phone. Any idea how to keep it from trying to autostart the RIVA client?

I think you just have to remove the shortcut that is placed in the Windows\startup directory by the installer.
Mark Stega
kayemsi Wrote:I have noticed on my WM6.1 Omnia that the RIVA client tries to load automatically when the phone is rebooted. But in that state, the phone is not yet ready to communicate with 3G so it always fails. I have to exit the dialogs to use the phone. Any idea how to keep it from trying to autostart the RIVA client?

It should count down 10 seconds on the configuration screen before attempting the auto login. If that's not enough, I've made a customisation to the CF code to specify the wait time in the XML config file.

Mark - is there a source repo for the .NET RIVA client? If not, how do I go about submitting any of my changes to you to get back into the baseline?
froop Wrote:It should count down 10 seconds on the configuration screen before attempting the auto login. If that's not enough, I've made a customisation to the CF code to specify the wait time in the XML config file.

Mark - is there a source repo for the .NET RIVA client? If not, how do I go about submitting any of my changes to you to get back into the baseline?
It is really a reference implementation of the simple RIVA client more than a piece of production code. Given that Microsoft has discontinued development of the PocketPC/Smartphone base of code (WP7 is a different beast altogether) I'd just note the changes and give them out to otehers as requested.
Mark Stega

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Html 5 Riva potts.mike 9 12,445 09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: bjkiller
  Thinking about the next step in RIVA Dean Roddey 6 10,081 01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  Official RIVA thread Dean Roddey 382 202,713 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  Windows Phone Client - whats the option here znelbok 3 10,968 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dangerlong
  Transparent images in RIVA? SamVimes2 36 44,231 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  riva burkepaol4 1 8,007 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
  Riva screen blanker on CF.NET froop 3 7,767 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: froop
  RIVA Connection batwater 6 8,253 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: batwater
  web client (html/ajax) bjkiller 9 9,241 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
  Java based RIVA Client? batwater 10 12,154 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM