Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Net RIVA Client
The log on still only shows in portrait and doesn't resize but if I do connect I get an error, this is from the log file on the device

(11:16:47.477 PM - Error) Unknown platform - TELECHIPS_WINCE ***EXIT***
The code currently supports only PocketPC and SmartPhone identified platforms. You would have to extend the code for your platform. I'll clarify the requirement in the documentation for the next drop.
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:The code currently supports only PocketPC and SmartPhone identified platforms. You would have to extend the code for your platform. I'll clarify the requirement in the documentation for the next drop.

Not sure what that means, my device is Windows CE 5.0 with an ARM processor, is that not PocketPC??
jmwhooper Wrote:Not sure what that means, my device is Windows CE 5.0 with an ARM processor, is that not PocketPC??
No it is not, Win CE is the base for builds with specific features enabled (called PocketPC and SmartPhone). CE can be configured in a multitude of ways, many of which have proven to be problematic (first for the old .Net IV, then for the RIVA client). So for the RIVA .Net client I only support PPC & SP platforms since I know the code will work. The source is posted so if you want to enable support for another platform you can try and see if it works for you.
Mark Stega
Mark Stega Wrote:Yhe installer is a CAB file that you move onto the device and execute. You can use activesync, a usb disk, or usb key to get it to the device.

Is this the latest version of the .net RIVA client?
http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloa..._1.4B1.zip

There was only the version in the Debug folder dated 11/14/2009. I copied the CAB over to my Omnia smartphone (WM6.1) after I upgraded the .net framework to the latest 3.51. The install was supposedly successful and I edited the config file, but when I try to start it I get and error:
Code:
RIVA.NetClientCF.exe
Exception

at
Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
at
System.Windows.Forms.ListBox._NativeAdd()
at ObjectCollection.Add()
at
CQC.GraphicFramework.ConfigurationFormCF.InitializeComponent()
at
CQC.GraphicFramework.ConfigurationFormCF..ctor()
at
CQC.RemoteInterfaceViewer.MainCF.Main()

I tried to be careful and type the errror as I see it on the device. I was wondering at the 2 .. in "CQC.GraphicFramework.ConfigurationFormCF..ctor()"

I just upgraded my system from 3.0.2 to 3.0.30
I have also installed the RIVA.NetClientFF client and the C++ one that comes with the CQC install on my Vista laptop. I can log in OK in the C++ RemoteViewer, but the NetClientFF brings up the login screen (even though I filled in the config file with the same username and password as I used in the login screen for the C++ one) but stops responding when I try to click in the window.
I'm sorry, I wrote a long reply and apparently never posted it or it was eaten by the forum software. Here is a repeat.

[EDIT] It wasn't lost, the post asking for help was made to two different threads

Quote:Is this the latest version of the .net RIVA client?
http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Dow...lers_1.4B1.zip

There was only the version in the Debug folder dated 11/14/2009. I copied the CAB over to my Omnia smartphone (WM6.1) after I upgraded the .net framework to the latest 3.51. The install was supposedly successful and I edited the config file, but when I try to start it I get and error:
1.4 build 1 is the most recent version and has dates from late July. You must be seeing the dates when you extracted the files.

Quote:I tried to be careful and type the errror as I see it on the device. I was wondering at the 2 .. in "CQC.GraphicFramework.ConfigurationFormCF..ctor()"
The failure is happening when the client tries to invoke the configuration dialog so it is something to do with the phone configuration I would guess. The only thing that might help is to set the logging to verbose and see if anything helpful shows up in the log.

Quote:I have also installed the RIVA.NetClientFF client and the C++ one that comes with the CQC install on my Vista laptop. I can log in OK in the C++ RemoteViewer, but the NetClientFF brings up the login screen (even though I filled in the config file with the same username and password as I used in the login screen for the C++ one) but stops responding when I try to click in the window.
I just unzipped 1.4B1 and ran the installer on my desktop system (running CQC 3.0.30). I have no issue connecting to the server with the C# client so I'd guess you have something wrong in your configuration file.
Mark Stega
I'm digging around the Windows Mobile info on the Microsoft site and as has been the case all along, the naming of the various versions of the CE platform continue to be truely awful. I have found that Windows Mobile 6.x Standard will NOT support the RIVA client as the forms have no capability of supporting buttons or list boxes. I'll update the documentation to say that we only support WM 6.x Professional.

That said, the Samsung Omnia claims to be based on Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional so it should be supported. I'll download the 6.1 emulator images and see if they make any difference.

Edit: Adding this info from MS:

Quote:old platform name = new platform name

Windows Mobile for Smartphone = Windows Mobile Standard (download the Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK)

Windows Mobile for Pocket PC = Windows Mobile Classic (download the Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK)

Windows Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition = Windows Mobile Professional (download the Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK)
Mark Stega
I actually found the error but I really can't explain it. I had upgraded the compact framework projects to use version 3.5; This was to allow access to the new SoundPlayer functionality. I had tested on my device, but had not run through the dozens of Windows Mobile platforms. It turns out (for whatever reason) that attempting to create a listbox on WM 6.0 & 6.1 fails if the project is marked as requiring the .Net Compact Framework 3.5.

I don't have the time to fully understand this now, it seems like a Microsoft bug either in the build or the deployment. I dropped back to 2.0 and the beep after a non-successful logon is gone temporarily as is the playsound command.

So if you aren't on version 6 of WM I'd suggest using 1.4B1; I've posted 1.5B1 for anyone on WM 6.
Mark Stega
The first 2 posts imply the source code of the VS2008 project being available, but the link is to the actual compiled client/installer... Or am I missing something? Wink
Field Generator 0.65: Create CQC fields on the fly, from external applications.
Mobile templates 0.4: Main resolution of 320x480 with navigation side bars (384x544).
Sage Media Server 1.1.3 + Sage Player 2.7.8: Display and manipulate SageTV information or player.
TaRIVA 1.26: Android RIVA client.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Html 5 Riva potts.mike 9 12,622 09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: bjkiller
  Thinking about the next step in RIVA Dean Roddey 6 10,204 01-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Last Post: brianmount
  Official RIVA thread Dean Roddey 382 205,585 07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Fonceur
  Windows Phone Client - whats the option here znelbok 3 11,056 05-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dangerlong
  Transparent images in RIVA? SamVimes2 36 44,906 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  riva burkepaol4 1 8,049 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
  Riva screen blanker on CF.NET froop 3 7,826 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: froop
  RIVA Connection batwater 6 8,340 07-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: batwater
  web client (html/ajax) bjkiller 9 9,350 04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
  Java based RIVA Client? batwater 10 12,316 04-03-2010, 05:35 AM