Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timer
Can the CQC count down timer be paused? If yes, how?
You mean the counter driver? I don't think so currently. If it's not documented on the driver page, then probably not.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
No, the timers are pretty dumb in that respect. I have requested a hold feature a few times but it has fallen on deaf ears.

You will have to find a workaround for your application in mind

Mick
The ears aren't deaf. They are just connected to already heavily over-utililized hands.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I think Dean means that his hands are already on steroids, but can’t find the right drug for his ears :-D

Datatrig
How do I write 45 second in to nano seconds for the timer. I thought it should be this 45 sec = 45000000000 nano sec. I'm trying to create a trigger that will run when the timer hits 45 sec.
Eded, look at the docs for Supported Devices->Miscellanous->Timers. What you'll do is load that driver and tell it you want 1 countdown timer. Then once that driver is loaded, put a trigger on that CDTimer1 field for when its value reaches 0.

Then when you're ready to start the timer, you just use the Invoke field to write ResetCD 1 Seconds 45 (I'm pretty sure that's it...check the docs to make sure). That starts countdown timer 1 at 45 seconds, and when it reaches 0, your trigger will fire and you can base your action off that. I use these countdown timers for tons of stuff...like reminding every 15 seconds that the door is still open, or repeating an emergency message every 5 seconds., etc.
beelzerob Wrote:Eded, look at the docs for Supported Devices->Miscellanous->Timers. What you'll do is load that driver and tell it you want 1 countdown timer. Then once that driver is loaded, put a trigger on that CDTimer1 field for when its value reaches 0.

Then when you're ready to start the timer, you just use the Invoke field to write ResetCD 1 Seconds 45 (I'm pretty sure that's it...check the docs to make sure). That starts countdown timer 1 at 45 seconds, and when it reaches 0, your trigger will fire and you can base your action off that. I use these countdown timers for tons of stuff...like reminding every 15 seconds that the door is still open, or repeating an emergency message every 5 seconds., etc.

I've read the docs and this isn't the problem. I want the trigger to fire at 45 second, not 0. In the triggger i'm using:

New Fld Value Equals

Field: Timer.CDtimer2
Comp Value: 450000000

450000000 should equal 45 seconds expressed in 100 nano seconds.
You want the trigger to fire after 45 seconds have elapsed from some arbitrary start time?

If that's correct, then starting a timer at 0 and having it count up to 45 seconds (or 45 x 1E9 nanos) is the same as starting a countdown timer at 45 seconds and having it count down to zero.

However, if you'd MUCH rather have it count up to your desired time, then you'd need a regular timer (same driver, but you'll have to choose how many timers you want when you load it), and when you write 0 to the timer field, it starts counting up. In that case, yes, once it reached 45 X 1E9 nanos, that would be 45 seconds. However, the comparison for that time is not nearly as easy as with the countdown timer, because you'll have to compare when the timer has gone PAST 45 seconds, because the timers only update like ever 3 seconds. So it won't ever be exactly 45 seconds. Also, you'll have to put a trigger on the timer for any field change value. That's a lot of triggers (one every 3 seconds) just to find that one magic value.

I don't know exactly what your goal here is, but I'd take another look at using countdown timers to do what you propose. If you're just looking for something to trigger 45 seconds after something else has happened...then they're what you want.
Here the short story. The rain8 driver has lost its connection when my irrigation is running. So that zone doesn't turn off. So I wanted to create a timer that would run when the zone start. If the timer reaches 0 it would cycle the power to the rain8. Which would reconnect the driver and turn off the zone. If the stop event runs it would pause the timer until the next zone runs. The problem is the timer cannot be paused. So I'm trying to find solution around not being able to pause the timer.

Of course the could be solved if the rain8 driver worked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  event and subsequent countdown timer question dogman 9 5,061 05-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dogman
  Countdown Timer with Elk Zone Stipe 3 2,283 09-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Displaying countdown timer in clock format (not hex) ControlFreak 2 2,256 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM
  CD Timer Query brathnach 16 5,141 06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
  countdown timer help bbienvenu 6 2,936 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM