Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain8Net Controller Help
beelzerob Wrote:kay, note what I was saying above with Dean...as soon as he documents the magic decoder ring of how to do it, you can then alter the default value of the variable driver values, which DOES persist across restarts. Woot! Persisting variables! (wait...is that an oxymoron? Confusedhock: )
Is it only the default that persists? How about actual values?
Unfortunately, only the default value persists at this point. It's a complaint Dean has heard quite a lot...but feel free to join the chorus!
The thing Rob is talking about is an action command you can send to the Var driver. So you can set a new value on a field, and if you want that to be persisted, you can then send a set default command to it and it will make that the new default for that field.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Thanks guys, your replies have helped. I updated to 2.4.39, and I did some more CQC research on this controller (probably should have done this before I posted my question) and it also helped answering some of my questions. I will attempt to set up my programming this weekend. Thanks again guys for your help.
Dean,
Why can't the variable driver structure be written to disk and reloaded at startup?
It's not that it can't, it just hasn't been done yet. It's long been planned that the variables driver would be incorporated into the much more general purpose and useful 'logic driver' which would include persistence as just a wee part of that. And that was going to get done for 3.0, but the remote viewer stuff became a more immediate business priority so (once again) the logic driver got bumped, and so the persistence stuff that would have been part of that got bumped.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:It's not that it can't, it just hasn't been done yet. It's long been planned that the variables driver would be incorporated into the much more general purpose and useful 'logic driver' which would include persistence as just a wee part of that. And that was going to get done for 3.0, but the remote viewer stuff became a more immediate business priority so (once again) the logic driver got bumped, and so the persistence stuff that would have been part of that got bumped.
Why not forget the "more general purpose and useful 'logic driver'" for now and just do the persistance Smile Right now for persistance, I write to the Elk where I can, but unfortunately all those variables are full. This is another area where counter support in the Elk driver would help Smile
Ron Haley Wrote:Why not forget the "more general purpose and useful 'logic driver'" for now and just do the persistance Smile

Confusedhock: Speak not those words, man! A fie upon you...a fie!!

*covers Dean's ears*

Naanaaanaananan...he can't HEEAR YOU!!

Pay no attention to the Ron behind the curtain, Dean....and continue with your critical logic server work. That thing has had more delays than the space shuttle.

:-D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fibaro RGB controller pinballmark 60 33,991 07-15-2021, 02:07 PM
Last Post: zaccari
  Z-Wave PC Controller simplextech 0 2,762 01-06-2020, 05:54 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  USB ZWave Controller Configuration bobskie708 6 5,585 11-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  RGB LED Controller NightLight 6 4,942 01-04-2017, 02:09 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Irrigation Caddy .vs. Rain8net Pro kblagron 6 3,830 06-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  ISY zWave controller IVB 4 4,114 06-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Controlling Insteon Scene Controller buttons ellisr63 8 5,588 10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Rain8net re-install penngray 7 3,252 02-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Last Post: DaveB
  Rain8net setup kayemsi 44 12,171 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Last Post: beelzerob
  Elan Z├é┬À630 Series II multi-Room controller penngray 8 7,718 05-11-2009, 04:43 AM
Last Post: klindy