Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Cache GC-IRE Driver
I know I've seen discussion on this, but do not see it now in the Official Drivers in Progress List thread, so am hoping someone can help fill me in. I just purchased the GC-IRE and of course would love to interface it with CQC.

Thanks,

Cliff
It was just recently added, so it's only in the latest betas. It would have been added somewhere back prior to 2.4.26c, which is a beta that a lot of folks have been using because after that I went off on the really hard core changes for the next release. So you would likely be safe enough moving up to that beta at this point. Or you could wait a bit longer and just go up to the most recent one, and get all the latest stuff.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:It was just recently added, so it's only in the latest betas. It would have been added somewhere back prior to 2.4.26c, which is a beta that a lot of folks have been using because after that I went off on the really hard core changes for the next release. So you would likely be safe enough moving up to that beta at this point. Or you could wait a bit longer and just go up to the most recent one, and get all the latest stuff.

Thanks - a few q's:

1. How would I download 2.4.26c? I only see where to download the latest beta version (i.e. in the Latest Beta Release thread), which is 2.4.31c.

2. I thought the two places to look for drivers are the Support area of the site for production releases, and the Beta Driver Development Official Drivers in Progress List thread for beta releases. I do not, however, see this driver in either place, so I am wondering if that is a glitch or if the glitch is in my understanding of where to look.

3. Can you estimate how long I'd have to wait for "the most recent one"? My time is limited by the 30 day trial.

Thanks,

Cliff
For betas, just take the current beta URL and change the version number that makes up the name, so change 2_4_31.Zip to 2_4_26c.Zip and you should be fine (try an upper case C if that doesn't work, I can't remember if they were capitalized or not.)

I'll be doing another drop probably tomorrow. It's still pretty hot off the presses, so if you aren't following what's going on, I'd say go with .26c.

That driver was written by me, so it never had any discussion thread, and it's not yet released, so it's not yet on the web sit either. There is an offline web sit where I'm starting to get it updated for the upcoming version. It's linked to on the first page of the latest beta thread. I might have already documented this one there, but I can't remember.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
OK, thanks, think that should get me going.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 514 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Only flushed 0 bytes from the output stream cache znelbok 0 283 01-13-2022, 11:24 AM
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 571 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 997 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,990 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Global Variables in the Event Server context lleo 1 1,070 05-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,086 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,679 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,243 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,306 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM