Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 2.3x
I am still on 2.3x. Is there anything I broken If I upgrade to the latest beta? Where can I find the latest drop? Thanks.
You can always go to the official 2.4 release first and make sure all is well there, before you try the latest betas. The latest beta is always available in a sticky thread in the beta section.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
sorry i meant if there is anything well documented not be working from 2.3x to 2.4 and needs re-work on the templates. I haven't really followed the action for a while.
I don't think that there's anything non-trivial, that I can remember. If you have any non-official drivers, you may need to get them updated because there have been holes closed in the CML world so that some drivers need a simple tweak.
Dean Roddey
Is there a way to revert back to my previous version after the upgrade is complete? If yes what is the procedure for it?
panos_k75 Wrote:Is there a way to revert back to my previous version after the upgrade is complete? If yes what is the procedure for it?

Either copy your backup over the program directory. Or if you failed to make one, the setup program does make a copy of the current system in the SaveInst subdirectory of the program directory, but it's always overwritten each time you upgrade so you only get to go back one step.

Chris.
The standard upgrade procedure is:

1. Stop the service and any client apps on clients, copy away the directory
2. Do the same on the same on the MS
3. Upgrade the MS, check it to make sure everything works
4. Upgrade the clients.

Since you saved the old contents, you can always go back. Don't just copy it back over the upgraded version. Rename the upgraded directory, put back the saved version, and run the old installer (for that version you are upgrading from) to get it back happy again.

Do that in the same order as the original, i.e. stop the clients, top the MS, put the old MS back, run the installer, make sure it works. Then do the clients.
Dean Roddey
Thanks Dean,

Do you have a link for the latest 2.3x version?

P.
All of the formal installers are in the same directory as the current official release, so you'd just take the URL and adjust the numbers.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video How to Upgrade from 5.X.X to 6.0.X sic0048 8 1,328 07-05-2021, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  client driver error after upgrade to 4.8.1 batwater 1 3,237 12-31-2015, 11:39 AM
  Not seeing loads (lighting) after upgrade to Beta pbohannon 4 4,193 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: pbohannon
  upgrade error - Urgent help znelbok 38 16,850 02-22-2011, 09:03 PM
  Cant upgrade from 2.36 to 2.4.26C dirtracinfan 4 3,460 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Last Post: dirtracinfan
  Media respository problem after 2.0.6 upgrade bryanb 34 21,662 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
  Movies disappeared after 2.0.9 upgrade Sparks 2 3,697 01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Last Post: penngray