Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[WTB] Sage HD Extender(s)
That other one hit something like $167... I ended up putting mine up on ebay also but would consider pulling it to make a deal with someone here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0354891512
Rich
personalt Wrote:That other one hit something like $167... I ended up putting mine up on ebay also but would consider pulling it to make a deal with someone here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0354891512

Honestly, I don't get paying $167 for a used year-old HD-100 when a new, warrantied HD-200 is $32 more.

Since I need a Sage License itself, I think that unless i can find an HD-100 in the range of $100, I'll go with the 200, in the combo package.
Well, I'll just reiterate that I'm willing to let mine go for $135 with the placeshifter license. Overall, I think its a great deal. These have no moving parts, so if it works for a year, chances are it will work for a lot longer than that. Differences between the HD100 and HD200 are fairly minimal. HDMI 1.3 complient for Blu-ray content, standalone mode, and form factor being the biggies. If you want that then, its worth the $200. To me, its worth $65 to upgrade, but it isn't worth $100. So, if you'd like an extender for $135 shipped, let me know. Overall, the package deal is probably a better deal for your first extender. I'd pick mine up if you need a second. I hate ebay and refuse to deal with it unless I have to.

Target
Might have been a simple case of ebay fever, that drove that price up.

There was an hd 100 on there this morning for $120 buyitnow + 20 shipping, but it's gone already.

But I'm in the same camp as bph, I think I'd pass on the newer features of the 200 if a 100 came around sufficiently cheap. Like "great deal" cheap, instead of "reasonably priced" cheap. But that's easy for me to do, since I'm still not convinced yet I need or can even use one. (though the lack of a need has never EVER stopped me from getting something at a great price *cry*)
beelzerob Wrote:Might have been a simple case of ebay fever, that drove that price up.

yep, my wife just bought a used Marc Jacobs purse for $120, brand new 1 year ago it was $136 on clearance at Nordstroms. She returned her brand new $200 purse because she felt guilty, but at $120 for a $136 purse everything was fine.

That eBay thing is just loopy. Who knows though, maybe i'll get $500 for my $300 LSI RAID card...
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
I couldn't believe that one sold for $167 either.. Maybe someone wanted the old form factor.

I listed mine, hopefully others will have ebay fever next week.

Personally I see little to no usefully difference in the boxes other I really want the small form factor. If I get another 200 I can hid it behind the plasma rather then get a IR extender or a ira-3

CQC drivers seem to work exactly the same on either box. I saw no differences.
Rich
Target Wrote:Well, I'll just reiterate that I'm willing to let mine go for $135 with the placeshifter license. Overall, I think its a great deal. These have no moving parts, so if it works for a year, chances are it will work for a lot longer than that. Differences between the HD100 and HD200 are fairly minimal. HDMI 1.3 complient for Blu-ray content, standalone mode, and form factor being the biggies. If you want that then, its worth the $200. To me, its worth $65 to upgrade, but it isn't worth $100. So, if you'd like an extender for $135 shipped, let me know. Overall, the package deal is probably a better deal for your first extender. I'd pick mine up if you need a second. I hate ebay and refuse to deal with it unless I have to.

Target

Let me add, that I would be totally confident buying from any of the regulars on here, as opposed to buying from "strangers" on ebay.
personalt Wrote:CQC drivers seem to work exactly the same on either box. I saw no differences.
Only difference for the driver would be the reboot/standby part...
Any more Extenders for sale? I think this is the path I need to take, I need more movie playback servers and I want to replace my PCs.
I have one, $135 shipped. HD100

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sage HD-100 dkemme 0 2,707 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Last Post: dkemme
  Sage TV Devices Sendero 5 4,513 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Last Post: dkemme
  SageTV HD-100 Extender bjkiller 0 2,365 01-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Post: bjkiller
  [FS] Sage STX-HD100 Jonathan 5 3,297 01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Sage HDExtenders are back in stock! IVB 4 2,979 02-27-2008, 12:09 PM