Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk Driver and Counters
Does the Elk Driver support access to the Elk counters? I can't find them.
Ron
Not supported in the Elk protocol (and therefore the driver) at this time. But several have requested it from Elk.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Thanks - BTW, I think there ia a bug in your Elk time macro. The display goes from 08:00AM to 07:15AM with a decrease of one minute. Am I going something wrong?
Yep, you are right. I'll take a look at it. Elk really screwed up with the time representation of custom values, they made it so difficult to work with.

Hopefully if we get that code worked out, maybe we can get it added to the driver itself so we won't need the macro and all the action code anymore.
Wuench

Well, the macro is working fine. It is the ELK that is screwing it up. That numeric value actually translates to that time into the ELK.

So for example, the if the custom value is 2048 that equals 8:00 am. But the value of 2047 equals 7:15am. At least according to ElkRP. I am going to post on their forum and see if they can give me a better algorithm for this...

What it looks like is we'll need a better way to set values. The Macro only converts from decimal to time, not the other way around. It probably needs a method added to convert time to decimal.
Wuench

wuench Wrote:Not supported in the Elk protocol (and therefore the driver) at this time. But several have requested it from Elk.

And now that I look at the protocol document, I was wrong about this. It looks like Counters are available in the latest version of the protocol.
Wuench

wuench Wrote:And now that I look at the protocol document, I was wrong about this. It looks like Counters are available in the latest version of the protocol.
Is that a Dean issue?
They weren't available at the time that the last updates of the driver were done, so the driver doesn't support them. They'd have to be added.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
wuench Wrote:Well, the macro is working fine. It is the ELK that is screwing it up. That numeric value actually translates to that time into the ELK.

So for example, the if the custom value is 2048 that equals 8:00 am. But the value of 2047 equals 7:15am. At least according to ElkRP. I am going to post on their forum and see if they can give me a better algorithm for this...

What it looks like is we'll need a better way to set values. The Macro only converts from decimal to time, not the other way around. It probably needs a method added to convert time to decimal.
Thanks - I'm integrating a Pool Control screen into your BlueGlass design. I'll send you a copy when I've completed it. I built a nice elk relay based control system for the pool cleaning, Jacuzzi heat and pool cover control.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 444 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 513 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 956 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,896 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,021 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,634 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,209 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,122 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,123 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 2,033 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron