Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVDP v3.5 - Blank Genre
I've upgraded to DVD profiler v3.5 and exported my XML, now on my movie browse page I get a blank genre as the first one. I can't remember exactly but I think the old version of DVDP only had 3 slots for entering Genres, the new has 5 slots.

If I click on the blank genre all but 3 of my movies are shown (196 of 199).
What genres do you actually have? If you look through the XML, do you see any blank genres?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Here is a snippet from the XML for one film, all the other movies have the same 5 sets of tags, some of which up to 4 actually have genre text.

<Genres>
<Genre>Drama</Genre>
<Genre/>
<Genre/>
<Genre/>
<Genre/>
</Genres>
OK, it's probably not filtering out empty genres or something. In the meantime, if you can find a way to remove those unnamed genres, or name them, that would get you going most quickest.
Dean Roddey
There doesn't appear to be a way to remove the extra genres in DVDP, it's just showing 5 select boxes.

At the moment it isn't a big deal to have the blank genre, it's just the first slot on the category browser is empty, it's a little untidy but I can live with it for now.

Having the custom genre in DVDP v3.5 outweighs having this bug, I've now added a genre for Blu-Ray to easily select BD movies from the CAB.
I have a post-DVDP XSLT transform to promote custom tags into genres so they show up in the Genre list in CQC. I am also trying to figure out the reliable XSLT to remove the empty genres, but if it were trivial to remove them in the driver on import that would be a big help.

I'll bet the three that didn't show up in the list under "blank" had all five slots filled in DVDP.
Just been digging into the 3 movies not on the blank genre category, the strange thing is the missing ones are the only 3 which have no genres set in DVDP?

In the XML it shows up as a single line <Genres/>

Perhaps the CQC XML import code is set to ignore one line of <Genres/> but not more than one.
OK, looking at it, there's a pretty obvious point at which a check would prevent this. So I added that. I've not tested it, but it's pretty obvious. Check it in the next beta drop and see if that doesn't do it.
Dean Roddey
Now that's what I call service :-)
Well I guess I can upgrade to 3.5 now :-)
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Genre Browser pjgregory 4 2,298 03-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Question on the Blank Screen Feature kblagron 5 2,745 02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
  Color Palette is blank on iPad karenlee 6 2,662 11-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  Un-blank screen with webcam movement jmwhooper 7 3,629 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  unblanking the blank and blanker... SomeWhatLost 25 7,362 09-30-2014, 07:42 AM
  Blank Command Button Redrawing wuench 1 1,281 07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
  Remotely Disable Blank and Blanker? MikeW 7 2,392 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
  File Tag browser genre generation problem Ron Haley 5 1,678 11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
  Directly select a genre/category bph 4 1,463 12-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Last Post: bph
  Genre selection RobWalker 3 1,519 07-28-2008, 03:45 PM