Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cqc audio player on T5700
I got my hp thin client in the mail the other day and have the interface viewer running on it just fine. I wanted to add the cqc audio driver the system so I installed the CQCServer and loaded the driver. When I attempt to play a song I get the error that the filtergraph can not be built because "cqc can not find the path specified" but if I type the path in an explorer window the file starts playing fine in WMP. Is there a difference between WMP and directshow? or is it something else.

the music is on a server does the acct that i log into the server matter?
-Mike
The issue is probably that you are sharing the files via a share drive, but the audio player driver is not runnning in your account that you are logged into and shared drives are specific to user accounts. You need to share the media files via a shared directory (e.g. \\SomeHost\SomeSharedDir) in order to allow the audio player to see it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
that is what I figured the issue is. The problem is that iTunes doesn't support UNC paths.
I'm pretty sure it does, since other people use it in a distributed sort of way and they couldn't do that if they didn't expose the files via UNC name.
Dean Roddey
I think that it depends on what render you use. Itunes works fine on the squeezecenter driver (other than the playlist) but doesn't work with the cqc integrated player. I did a google search ad found that other people are having similar problems with UNC paths and itunes.
If the player doesn't run in the background, then it will see any shared drives you have created for the Windows account you are logged into. Our player runs in the background so it has to have UNC based names.

Of course you can set up the CQC service to log into a separately created account and you can set up the required drive shares in that account.
Dean Roddey
I am just going to use squeezeslave and hope that the driver gets worked out. Thanks for the help Dean
Dean Roddey Wrote:Of course you can set up the CQC service to log into a separately created account and you can set up the required drive shares in that account.

Do you mean make the account the CQC service on the T5700 logs into for the IV should be a regular windows account with mapped drives?
Yeh, that's an option. If you set up any mapped drives on the user account, then server's would see them. It's probably still better to use shared directories instead where possible, but that's an option.
Dean Roddey
All my files in iTunes are UNC based, even the location of the iTunes library is on a net share. It took a while to get all the accounts and security set up but it is possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiroom Audio Suggestions kblagron 4 4,237 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Anyone doing TTS without lag in audio? IVB 5 3,660 05-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Marantz Network Audio Players cavalier240 7 4,778 11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  BluRay Player? jkmonroe 7 4,064 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Roku as media player with CQC media control bryanb 11 7,431 01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
  Preferred whole house audio rtarver 24 11,092 05-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jkish
  Need QCQ Controlled Audio Solution anogee 4 3,665 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM
  Audio files not loading dman000000 17 8,960 07-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Last Post: dman000000
  roku as audio source IVB 2 2,327 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Last Post: IVB
  Best audio format??? rtarver 5 3,100 12-26-2012, 02:10 PM