Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Buy - HP 5700 Thin Clients 1ghz 256/256mb
There is a guy selling a bunch of these units on E-Bay in lots of 5. He is asking $555 per lot, but I offered him $400 for a lot and he accepted. These units include the power supply.

So I wanted to gauge interest and see if anyone else is interested in picking some up. These units run XPe and at least one user has succeeded in installing the CQC IV on the unit itself and using it to drive a local IV screen. This allows the unit to be self contained and not have to connect to another computer through a RDP connection.

Shipping for the lot is $25. So that gives a per piece price of $85. I think I should be able to ship the units out to individuals for $10 or less, but certainly I should be able to get them out the door for $100 or less (each buyer will only pay their shipping charges, I will not be adding in any "handling" fee).

So let me know if you are interested in picking one of these units up for between $90 and $100 each.

Here is the E-Bay link so you can look at it first hand.

Thanks.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Count me in for one. What do you need for payment? Paypal? Check?

I'll have to do it mid to late next week but, this is too good to pass up.
Paypal will be fine with me, but.... I really only want 1 myself play with. So we really need another 3 people to commit to getting one before I'll actually buy them.

So hopefully we get some more interest here in the next day or two and I can go through with the transaction.

I agree that this is a very good price for these things.
Other systems used:
I'll take 1, 2 if you can't make the minimum.

Brian
I'll take one too.

nishan
What kind of touchscreen are you planning to drive with these? Do you think they can handle video for cameras?
I'd be interested I think too. Do these come with a power supply too?

So this would be a cheap way to drive a touchscreen like my ELO, right? A cheap and low power way? Then I'm in.
kayemsi Wrote:What kind of touchscreen are you planning to drive with these? Do you think they can handle video for cameras?

Since they run XPe, I've been lead to believe that you could install just about any touchscreen drivers (as long as they are XP drivers).

I'm not sure they are going to have enough graphic power to handle video. So I think live CCTV is probably out too. I guess they might work if you really crank down the frames per second, but I don't think the results would be acceptable.
Other systems used:
beelzerob Wrote:I'd be interested I think too. Do these come with a power supply too?

So this would be a cheap way to drive a touchscreen like my ELO, right? A cheap and low power way? Then I'm in.

According to the seller, they do include the power supply. These should work for your touchscreen. Best case scenerio, we can load the CQC IV directly on the thin client and use them as a stand alone IV device. As mentioned, I've seen one CQC user state that they have done just this with the same HP model.

Worst case scenerio, we cannot load the IV on the device and we have to use a RDP connection to access a remote computer that is running the RDP session. I'd like to avoid this scenerio myself.

Honestly, I think if it doesn't work out, we'll be able to resell the devices and get most, if not all, of our money back. These devices regularly go for more money on E-Bay (at least those units that have the 256mb/256mb memory like these units have).
Other systems used:
So it looks like we have at least 5 people interested. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll consider these people on the list for 1 device. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Me
AnthonyZ
Brotsten
NishanF
Beelzerob

However, if you are still interested in getting one, please continue to indicate this. If we end up with more than these 5 people wanting to get one, I'm sure I can go back and ask for more units. We might even be able to get a better price, especially if we get an order for 10 units together. So keep the responses coming.
Other systems used:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTB, HP thin client IVB 3 3,695 07-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Group Buy - ELK M1GSYS4 personalt 17 12,755 10-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Last Post: jenielsen
  HP t5700 Thin Client dabreeze 1 2,989 05-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Last Post: dabreeze
  [FOR SALE] UPB, Insteon, Z-Wave, Thin Client, Web Tablet CalypsoCowboy 4 4,086 05-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Last Post: datadawg
  Group Buy for 12"x2" Beta Bright Signs?? sic0048 91 40,822 02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Sendero
  Anyone ever use this Thin Client? Providince 1 2,737 03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Last Post: IVB
  Group Buy for NetCallerID boxes? Express Your Interest Here sic0048 36 19,731 02-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Last Post: zaccari
  FS: Wyse Thin Clients jkmonroe 9 5,828 11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe