Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver
Oh, BTW, you aren't talking about generating new widgets via the Theme system, are you? If so, the reason is that the fields have not been marked with a semantic field type.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean to answer your questions...

Dean Roddey Wrote:Oh, BTW, you aren't talking about generating new widgets via the Theme system, are you? If so, the reason is that the fields have not been marked with a semantic field type.
No

Dean Roddey Wrote:So I would assume that the widgets you were attempting to create required readable fields, and so they weren't presented at options?
Yes. For example, power toggle, a boolean field...

Thanks,
-Ben
A check box I think only works with readable fields, if I remember correctly, because it needs to be able to know what the current value is. So it wouldn't make them available. For a write only field you'd have to use separate on/off buttons to send it separate power on/off commands.
Dean Roddey
Just to bump this thread. I have a two spreadsheets from the Internet and one from Samsung with what looks to be all RS232 codes. I am going to try to take a stab at updating the driver.
(07-18-2019, 07:17 AM)gReatAutomation Wrote: Just to bump this thread. I have a two spreadsheets from the Internet and one from Samsung with what looks to be all RS232 codes. I am going to try to take a stab at updating the driver.

I have the document that this driver was based on - it is the one you mentioned in another post that is consumer grade version as they start with the 0x08 code, but I attached it anyway.

My particular TV requires 19,200 Baud Rate, even though this document says 9,600.

Attached Files
.pdf   Samsung RS-232 Codes.pdf (Size: 180.05 KB / Downloads: 4)
Thanks. Those codes are for Samsung TV's that use Ex-Link which have different codes starting with HEX 0x08. If you head over to RemoteCentral and this thread (http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mbo...ad.cgi?603) you will find a posting by a user who has compiled a spreadsheet of every available Ex-Link code

I have Samsung ME Series displays that use the Multiple Display Control Protocol using codes starting with 0xAA. You can read up on it here:

Multiple Display Control Protocol
https://www.samsung.com/us/pdf/RS232_MX_...series.pdf

I am currently testing these codes with one of my ME Series TV's (Serial connection) and a network connected GC-100 using the DockLight Scripting (https://docklight.de/downloads/) software which allows you to connect to the GC-100 (IP Address and port 4999).

It's an interesting protocol because you can, if you want, get status back from a specific TV. If you have the ME Series daisy chained to build a video wall and assign each TV a unique ID in the TV menu, the protocol will allow you to send all TV's the same codes or individual TV's different codes.

the tricky part is that if you want to control each TV individually, the HEX code contains the ID of each individual TV which means a different checksum. If you have 10 daisy chained ME Series and wanted to control them individually, you would have, for example, 10 different Power On HEX strings because the checksum would be different for each HEX code.

If you send individual commands to individual TV's you will get Ack's back from each command. There is the option, however, to use 0xFE in place of the ID of the TV. In this case the protocol would send the same command to every TV but you would not get an Ack back.

So, what I am doing now, is re-writing that Samsung driver to be specific to the ME Series and I am debating on whether or not to include ability to set TV ID so that I can get back Ack codes.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I am looking in to compiling the protocol HEX codes into an Excel but have to get the CheckSum calculation correct. This is necessary for people who want to set the TV ID to a specific ID rather than having the same commands for all TV's.

I think I will first start with getting the codes in there where no Ack will be sent which is done by using ID 0xFE in the ID portion of the HEX Code.
Getting back acks are important. If you don't know things are working or not it's more of a fancy IR control.
Dean Roddey
Hey Dean. It looks like you can control these TV's (ones compatible with Multiple Display Control Protocol) over IP on port 1515. I found an more up to date manual here:

https://manualzz.com/doc/43116972/multip...l-protocol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 6,171 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 363 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 123 53,530 07-08-2019, 09:53 AM
  New Driver - How hard would this be? kblagron 4 894 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Cytech Comfort Driver znelbok 6 825 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 6 2,654 01-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Last Post: greymatter
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 14 4,420 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM
  XBMC Driver wuench 428 190,998 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM