Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver
Dean Roddey Wrote:You indicate in the manifest that the comm configuration is editable, then they have an Edit button when installing the driver where they can adjust the settings as desired.

I have <CQCCfg:ConnCfg CQCCfg:Editable="True">, and when installing the driver in the Admin Interface, it shows a settings button. When the settings button is invoked, it allows them to edit the baud rate and other settings. Is that what you meant?
I had a chance to test out the fields. Here is what is working with my TV and what is not working:

Working: DirectVolume, Input, Mute, PictureMode, Power

Not Working: AdjustVolume, ChangeChannel, Directchannel

It looks like the older protocol did not allow for those three items.

How odd, to not allow a channel change in a TV command protocol. Anyway, I use DirecTV so that is not a big one for me.

One thing that would be nice to have is the PIP commands. Not sure if your TV has it, but mine does.

Thanks for the work on it!
jrunde Wrote:I have <CQCCfg:ConnCfg CQCCfg:Editable="True">, and when installing the driver in the Admin Interface, it shows a settings button. When the settings button is invoked, it allows them to edit the baud rate and other settings. Is that what you meant?

Yeh........
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
lpott6 - I have the protocol document for the 305HLR5078, which I assume would be the same as your TV. It states that you need to go to the setup menu and select Setup-> Port Selection -> RS232C in order for your port to work since Anynet, G-link, and RS-232C share the same port. Once you get that done, set your comm port for 19,200 bps, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control, and you should have the same functionality as I do (See previous post). I am assuming you need the crossover cable as well.
kblagron Wrote:I had a chance to test out the fields. Here is what is working with my TV and what is not working:

Working: DirectVolume, Input, Mute, PictureMode, Power

Not Working: AdjustVolume, ChangeChannel, Directchannel

It looks like the older protocol did not allow for those three items.

How odd, to not allow a channel change in a TV command protocol. Anyway, I use DirecTV so that is not a big one for me.

One thing that would be nice to have is the PIP commands. Not sure if your TV has it, but mine does.

Thanks for the work on it!

I don't see the AdjustVolume, ChangeChannel, or Direct channel in the protocol document I have for the for the 2005 models. It is listed for the 2008 models.

I should be able to add the PIP commands to it as it is in the protocol document of the 2005 modles, though the one I have does not support PIP so you will be the one testing it.
kblagron Wrote:lpott6 - I have the protocol document for the 305HLR5078, which I assume would be the same as your TV. It states that you need to go to the setup menu and select Setup-> Port Selection -> RS232C in order for your port to work since Anynet, G-link, and RS-232C share the same port. Once you get that done, set your comm port for 19,200 bps, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control, and you should have the same functionality as I do (See previous post). I am assuming you need the crossover cable as well.
This is good news, I did not see that in my manual. I am at work right now, but I will check it out tonight. If this works it would improve reliability over the IR I am using now.

I finally got a new Denon 2809CI receiver so all video is going into it with only one connection to the TV. This eliminated the need to change the source.

Thanks for the new info.
Larry in Denver
I just checked and it appears that I am out of luck. The only options on the port selection menu are G-Link and Anynet, no RS-232.

I'll make sure my next TV has RS-232 control.

Thanks anyway.
Larry in Denver
I think that I read somewhere, probably here, that there is a firmware update that could enable rs232. Might be worth looking into.
-Mike
potts.mike Wrote:I think that I read somewhere, probably here, that there is a firmware update that could enable rs232. Might be worth looking into.
-Mike
I don't remember seeing that. I would be interested in an upgrade if one was available. I will check the Samsung site.

If anyone here knows of an upgrade, please post a link. Thanks
Larry in Denver
The other thing that may be worth checking, is to see if it can be enabled from the service menu.

On my 2007 model, you do the following:

"Entering the Service Menu
With the TV off, press Mute-1-8-2-Power in sequence. The set now
turns on in Service menu mode. You can use the remote to navigate
through the menu."

My RS-232 port can be switched to service port / RS-232 by entering that menu.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 6,019 Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 308 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 123 53,306 07-08-2019, 09:53 AM
  New Driver - How hard would this be? kblagron 4 861 05-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: zaccari
  Cytech Comfort Driver znelbok 6 788 04-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  OpenHAB Driver whozeawhat 6 2,628 01-16-2019, 06:45 AM
Last Post: greymatter
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 14 4,373 01-10-2019, 06:36 PM
  XBMC Driver wuench 428 190,924 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM