Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Universal Devices ISY Insteon Driver
Does the isy allow for us to talk to it with the generic http driver, or something else that already exists?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
5.0 is an entirely different branch where they are overhauling the whole setup to support making their device more of a application/server platform.

Recommend you stay with the 4.x branch, it is still being updated.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
potts.mike Wrote:Does the isy allow for us to talk to it with the generic http driver, or something else that already exists?

I should have been more clear. Is it possible for CQC to set a variable or run a program on the ISY?
|Z-Wave|Sonos|Tivo|Hue|Plex|Roku|MyMovies|Echo|
Nest|Harmony|Neeo|LG TV|Smarthings|
There is a full V2 driver for the ISY. I don't think it has any functionality for ISY variables or programs though.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
The v1 driver supports variables and running programs (just the Then part).

Variables are the only way I found to directly communicate a state from the ISY to CQC that isn't a device change. There may be other ways with some of the add-on modules (i.e. maybe the network module) but I haven't tried it.
Wuench

So what are variables basically, just artificial values that the ISY itself defines? Are they all just strings or something? Are they arbitrary and something you'd get from the introspection type queries are are there a fixed set of them with given names?
Dean Roddey
The are two categories States and Ints. They are both signed 32-bit integers. The only difference is States trigger an event on the ISY when changed.

In the v1 driver I created fields for each one named State_<name> or Int_<name> of type Int4.

For programs I just had a field called RunProgram that listed all the program names. Selecting one would run the Then path (i.e. the IF of the ISY program is not processed).
Wuench

They are dynamic though, defined by the user and figured out by querying a tree of data from the ISY?
Dean Roddey
Yes. They can be updated by the user or via programs. That will send an event when the value changes.

And like devices, variables can be created or deleted at any time in the ISY console manually. They can't be created or deleted by programs.

So you basically have to add them in the console manually, can set an initial name and value. Then you are free to reference them in ISY programs.
Wuench

I'm very interested in the ISY driver and integration along with the Polyglot NodeServer system. This seems like an older thread and perhaps dead. Is there a newer thread?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 55 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 24 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M
  OpenWeatherMap Weather Driver Using OneCall API kblagron 11 149 05-18-2020, 04:09 AM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 48 2,103 05-18-2020, 03:42 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 10 679 05-08-2020, 08:49 AM
  JVC D-ILA Driver jokermac 34 3,744 04-13-2020, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 15 5,811 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 7,569 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 757 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver jrunde 37 21,245 07-19-2019, 01:24 PM