Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extron 3200 and 6400 Video Matrix Switches
I might be able to buy a large group (20 or so units) of Extron 3200 and 6400 video matrix switches, but I wanted to gauge interest here before committing to a pretty large investment. These are some of the best video switches that Extron makes and are still sold for $10k-$20k each. All of these have RS-232 control ports and can be controlled from the computer and with CQC (assuming that there is a driver).

I would test each of the units to make sure that they are fully functional. I don't know the quantities yet, but I should have the following items at a great price:

Extron 3200 Wideband Video Matrix- These video matrices can be used to route pretty much any video signal that you throw at it as well as digital audio. It has a 450MHz bandwidth, so HD is easily covered. It has 32 inputs and 32 outputs. A single input/output is needed for composite video or digital coaxial audio. Two input/output pairs are needed for S-video, and three are needed for component video (Y,Pb,Pr) or RGB video. I could probably offer them for $350 each, plus shipping.

Extron 3200 Wideband Video Matrix with Control Display- This is the same as the item listed above except that it also has a front LCD control panel. These would be $450 each, plus shipping.

Extron 6400 Sync Matrix- This is a larger 64x64 unit. The sync units are made for the horizontal and vertical sync (the H and V in RGBHV) signals in larger video systems. However, they can also be used for composite video, s-video and digital audio. These would be $300 each, plus shipping.

Extron 6400 Audio Matrix- This is a large 64x64 stereo audio matrix switch. Not much more to be said about this- if you need to route a large amount of audio, this is what you need. I'm asking $350 plus shipping.

Also, if you have a huge system, you can gang these units by signal type. For instance, if you have 32 HD sources (and who doesn't?) and 32 HD displays, you can use three of the 3200's to route the signals. Each unit would be responsible for one portion of the signal (Y, Pb, and Pr).

If this is something that interests you, please either respond to this message or PM me. A sample message might be:

-I need three 3200 wideband units, one 3200 wideband with display unit, one 6400 sync unit, and one 6400 audio unit and I need them immediately. I have my money waiting, so let me know when you can ship.

-I would really like one of the 3200 wideband units with a display and have the money ready.

-I will probably be interested in one 6400 audio unit. Let me know when you get them and I'll see where we're at.

-Why couln't you have offered these last week? I just spent 3 times as much on a smaller unit and now have no money for another. Please let me know if you decide to give these away.

-You suck.

Any of those responses would be valid, but I'd much prefer one of the first two!

Thanks in advance,
CJ
gee... I paid how much for my first 3200 from you... talk about depreciation... these things are dropping in price like a rock...:-(

oh well, guess I should of waited... since I haven't actually done anything with it yet...:tounge

anyway, good luck...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
SomeWhatLost Wrote:gee... I paid how much for my first 3200 from you... talk about depreciation... these things are dropping in price like a rock...:-(

About as much as I paid originally! Or maybe I should be asking more Confusedhock:

SomeWhatLost Wrote:oh well, guess I should of waited... since I haven't actually done anything with it yet...:tounge

I'm in the same boat- I'm still not using mine either!

SomeWhatLost Wrote:anyway, good luck...

Thanks!!
CJ
Well, it appears that the company that I was going to buy these from didn't realize that they could be purchased with different configurations. And, although they look the same on the outside (same number of inputs and outputs), they might not have the cards to enable all of the inputs and outputs. The 3200 video units appear to be 8x32 rather than 32x32 and, right now, they don't want to pull cards from other units to complete a unit.

So, unless someone wants to purchase 4 of them at a time, it doesn't look like this is going to happen at this time. I'm still waiting to hear on whether the audio unit is full or not. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks for all of the interest,
CJ
I would be interested if you can work out the issues above. I would just need a single unit. I think a Extron 3200 Wideband would be the best fit for me.
Well, things didn't work out too well. I did end up buying three 16x8 units, which I combined into a 32x24 wideband unit. It is as described above. I'm asking $500 for the unit.

CJ
Does this support audio? How tall is this unit? God, my rack is going to implode.

Russ...
It does not do audio (unless you are talking about coaxial digital audio). It takes up 5 RU's.

CJ
Bump. Willing to take any reasonable offer.

CJ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extron 200 8x8 RGBHV switch robertmee 0 3,233 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Last Post: robertmee
  Selling: Inline IN31608 16x8 Matrix Switcher Sparks 0 2,904 05-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Sparks
  Various analog audio/video cables (just cover shipping) Dean Roddey 2 3,320 02-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Last Post: frijoli
  Russound CAV6.6 Whole House Audio/Video System with Speakers ToyMaster458 1 3,676 07-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Last Post: ToyMaster458
  Extron Crosspoint 84HVA Eddie Horton 9 6,833 04-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Eddie Horton
  $271 - HDMI V1.3 4x4 4-Input 4-Output Matrix Switch Box with IR Remote Controller bjkiller 0 2,907 01-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjkiller
  Extron 84HVA Crosspoint Matrix Switcher CalypsoCowboy 2 3,015 01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Last Post: CalypsoCowboy
  Extron System 8/10 Switchers on CL - $25 robertmee 2 3,048 12-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Extron 12X8 (working) + Extron 8X8 (not so much) jpresto 0 2,262 09-28-2008, 05:53 AM
Last Post: jpresto
  Extron 100 8x8 switch (and some other stuff) Target 1 2,670 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Trioxide