Poll: What are you using for lighting control with CQC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Centralite
6.14%
7 6.14%
Clipsal C-Bus
8.77%
10 8.77%
INSTEON
13.16%
15 13.16%
Lutron Grafik Eye
2.63%
3 2.63%
Lutron Homeworks
4.39%
5 4.39%
Lutron RadioRA
7.02%
8 7.02%
UPB
21.05%
24 21.05%
Vantage Q Series
0.88%
1 0.88%
Z-Wave
16.67%
19 16.67%
X10
4.39%
5 4.39%
ALC Lighting
3.51%
4 3.51%
I Don't Do Lighting
5.26%
6 5.26%
Other (Please List Details)
6.14%
7 6.14%
Total 114 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEW] Lighting Control Poll
I guess nobody has the guts to start a new poll and risk being hammered for forgetting a protocol. So I will stick my head out there for you. I have no shame.

This poll was asked for by many of the existing members. There is and OLDER POLL I started in 2006 that is now out dated. This poll will be very similar but hopefully will include a larger list of lighting protocols. Unfortunately only 15 poll options are possible but that's okay because I only need 13 spaces as of right now.

I'm making this poll more generic. Please elaborate on your setup as you vote so that if we do another poll in the future we will have more information to build from. This poll is multiple choice to help avoid everyone selecting Other becuase they use more than one protocol at a time.
David
Z-Wave World Magazine|Baltimore Hackerspace
"Why think outside the box when you could let the box think for you." - My take on Home Automation
i'd respect you a lot more if you actually remembered to put a poll in this thread :-)
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Well, there were only 8 options in the old poll and while there are certainly more lighting systems available, I think 15 is probably plenty of choices. You won't be able to have a 'using with CQC' and 'not using with CQC' option for each system, but I think that isn't really that important anyway. The important information is which system people use. It is easy enough to check and see if there is a CQC driver or not for a particular system. I guess the real question is what systems to include.

Clipsal C-Bus
Lutron GrafikEye
Lutron RadioRA
Lutron Homeworks
X-10
Z-wave
UPB
Insteon
OnQ ALC
Centralite Elegance
ISY99i
EDT i-Line (out of business now)

Any other's that people think should be added?
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
That's odd. I was still working on the poll but you have to submit the post first and then create the poll. So I did not think that they thread was already created. You guys are just too quick.
David
"Why think outside the box when you could let the box think for you." - My take on Home Automation
ISY99i seems to be an X10 protocol of some sort so I just grouped it under X10 this time. Please elaborate on your setup if you are using a rare technology that we may not know about.
David
Squintz Wrote:ISY99i seems to be an X10 protocol of some sort so I just grouped it under X10 this time. Please elaborate on your setup if you are using a rare technology that we may not know about.

ISY99i is a controller for Insteon. Although they are working on a UPB version (ISY99u) that the upcoming driver may be compatible with.

Although the poll is already well underway, I wonder if it might be better to list it by driver. Insteon has 2 (soon to be 3) drivers. Something like the Elk driver, could be used to control various technologies, etc.

Anyway, I am obviously on Insteon, still using the PLC driver(yeah I said it).
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Mark me down for EDT I-line.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that they are going belly up. Good thing I have a few extra switches and controllers sitting around. :roll:
There is another system that I know of - Dynalite

It has never been mentioned here and I dont know of anyone using it either, bit it has been around for a long time.

I am not sure if it if just another Aussie system or not, but I thought I would mention it here.

Me - I use C-Bus. I have the house and large shed wired with C-bus, with integration into the alarm system (M1) and CQC. Currenty I rely on CQC solely for the light switching as I am waiting for the IR Saturns to come out.
There is a second house and shed on the property on a seperate network with C-bus. Both networks are connceted so I have full control over the entire property via CQC.

I have SMS control over any light I choose and I also have the garage remote able to turn on some of the shed lights.

I have a C-Bus IR input unit in the bedroom that is used to trigger a goodight scene in CQC, control over the AC for the bedroom (Advantage Air) and for two of the light groups.

Mick
I've ticked the C-Bus box. My home is not quite "automated" but more like umm.. partially "integrated". C-Bus is hooked into CQC. I can control my lights and scenes, and have some audio control using my HP iPaq 45xx. I can turn on/off some lights via the CQC SMS driver. What is there works, and works well. Its just that its not all ther yet Smile
Since we were asked to elaborate: I have a CentraLite Litejet 48 with the driver on the Master Server and a CentraLite LiteJet 24 (older 4.6 firmware) running on a old client CQCServer PC.

I have my lighting scenes and some scheduled events programmed directly in the CentraLites and am mostly using CQC to give status on templates and allow for setting loads from the IV. I basically use CQC to tie the two systems together.

I am working on some CQC scenes (Movie) that will include setting light level along with setting up the receiver and projector to play a movie. I am working on a CQC alarm clock to turn on music, bring up lights, start the hot water recirculating pump (CentraLite load) when its time to get up (but only on work days)

I have a few triggered CQC actions tied keypad button presses to do a Party mode: Turn on Russound CAV zones, set a particular source, and put in party mode; turn on certain lights, etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunsetter Awning with RGBW Lighting and CQC kfly 2 652 07-29-2021, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  RadioRA2 vs CQC for Lighting Scenes gReatAutomation 1 835 07-10-2020, 12:16 PM
  Outdoor Landscape Lighting and CQC gReatAutomation 18 6,789 06-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Last Post: rhosch
  Hue Lighting Control jokermac 17 6,536 03-28-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: jokermac
  Jandy Pool Control avtexan 20 8,832 06-07-2018, 01:09 PM
  global actions and lighting groups jkmonroe 11 7,496 06-02-2017, 08:27 PM
  Use single On/Off/Slider to control group jkmonroe 3 3,114 08-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: pinballmark
  Help figuring out projector serial control! Deane Johnson 19 8,535 07-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Harmony Hub Device Control jkmonroe 6 4,848 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  how deep is your (echo voice control) love? IVB 197 50,324 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM