Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Env01 not work
Trioxide Wrote:Didn't even think to have 2 different drivers for the InterfaceViewer. There is a port setting in the config right so then I just put that port number in the command line when I start the IV? Will try that today when I get home.
The problem is that the interface viewer DRIVER has no way to specify which port to use.

Yes, you will need start the interface viewers with different ports (something like /Port=12000 on the console session and /Port=12001 on the RDP session).

Like I said, I'll talk to Dean, but I don't see how to install two interface viewer drivers and have them control the correct interface viewer. So standby a bit, you are really close...
Mark Stega
The interface viewer driver only ever talks to a local IV currently. It doesn't need to be told a port really, sine it's an ORB based connection. The IV, if you give it a /Port parameter, registers himself as available and the driver finds him, by looking up an IV from the same machine he's running on.

This is as designed. There was never any provision for controlling an IV on a different machine. It was always assumed you run run CQCServer on the machine where the IV is that you want to control.

It could be done. You'd have to just provide some unique binding name (as with the App Control Server) that you'd provide on the command line of the IV and that you'd use when installing the IV control driver. The IV would bind himself in a specific scope in the name server using that id, and the driver would look him up there.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I believe he is actually talking about running multiple instances of the IV on the same machine in different user environments.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
As long as they are not running at the same time, i.e. you log out of this account and log into that account and start the IV back up again in that new account, that's obviously doable and it should work fine. The Start Menu stuff is installed for all users and will be the same for all users, so the /Port=xxx parameter will be there the same for every user.
Dean Roddey
That's his problem though that no one has told him you can't run 2 instances of the IV on the same machine at the same time. He was describing what he was trying to do several posts ago that entailed running 2 IV's at the same time. From the sounds of it he may have only had the /Port switch set on the cqc user of if both were set only the IV started in the cqc user environment was getting registered.

Edit: I guess the only way the nokia user wouldn't be getting the port switch set is if he is starting it other than the shortcut set up in the start menu for all users.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
That is correct. I have 2 instances of the IV running on the same machine. 1 is from the server side that I see on my big screen TV and the other is the Nokia which I RDP into the machine. I don't think I have the /Port setting on the Nokia so that is why I don't have the overlays loading there. Will check that out.
What I need is to have 2 instances of the IV running on the same machine and be able to tell CQC to load an overlay on just 1 of them. That is what I am trying to do.
You would never need the port setting on the Nokia. That's only required to control the IV. You don't need to do that in the Nokia, only the big screen.
Dean Roddey
I think I got it to work. What I did was create 2 instances of the CQC Interface Viewer driver. Then I renamed the overlay on the Nokia to Nokia-center-overlay. Next was just a simple command to write the overlay, 1 for center-overlay on 1 instance of the driver, and the other for Nokia-center-overlay on the other instance of the driver. Then using the variables I can know what to write to either overlay - and since they are different names they don't get confused.
I have both IVs up right now and they are both being updated with the correct overlay. Then just had one and then the other overlay up and they worked correctly. So things are looking good.
Good deal!
jrlewis Wrote:That's his problem though that no one has told him you can't run 2 instances of the IV on the same machine at the same time.
I'm thinkin' I was getting confused with running 2 IV's in the same session as opposed to multiple on 1 machine because folks are obviously doing it. It just gets jumbled in my brain sometimes. Someone needs to correct me when I'm typing nonsense.
Trioxide - would you mind giving a quick overview of what has been discussed on this thread. There has been a lot of information, not always correct (I'm guilty there) and it might be helpful for people in the future to have it summed up in one final post.

1) What exactly where you trying to do and why (ie what is your set up and how were you trying to get the system to work)
2) What did you have to do to make it work.

Thanks,
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leviton VRUSB owners: Does it work? IVB 30 10,826 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Sony DVP-CX777ES doesn't work Andre 10 5,162 02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Andre
  Just installed 4.0 now SNMP doesn't work? SamVimes2 9 4,370 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Will CQC work for me? programmergeek 7 3,157 06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Will this work as server? optix 3 2,352 12-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  j river media center 13 work with cqc? pjwinstalls 0 1,317 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Last Post: pjwinstalls
  What UPB switches work best with CQC/ELK flik 4 2,142 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: robolo
  How to configure seperate sage server to work with cqc server rajeevc 2 1,953 01-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Anyone make/sell templetes as cool as these that would work with CQC personalt 8 3,270 11-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  How to work with Image Packs RHT 3 1,912 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey