Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Env01 not work
Trioxide Wrote:Robertmee, I understood what you were talking about there. And that is why I am having the problem because the triggered event only sees the System variables and not the User ones. But my IV sees the User variables.

Not quite; think of it this way. If you have three accounts, System, Nokia, and Me.

All three accounts see the "System level" variables, they are a shared resource.

Each of the three accounts can have their own "User level" variables. These are private.

Our task is to have each user level instance set a "system level" variable so that the background process can access it.

Quote:Mark, I think I understand what you are saying. I do have a different template load for my Nokia then for my IV on the server. So with this setup when the template loads I run an action to set the Env01 or Env02 variable. This way I can tell who is logged in and thus check this value in the triggered action. Will try this out tonight.

Now the question is how do I load the correct overlay in the correct IV? If I have both IVs running will it just not load the same overlay for both? I need to have a different one for the Nokia so the overlay fits the screen.

The easiest way to do this is to do this:

(1) Generate two CQC user names, say NOKIA & NOTNOKIA.

(2) Generate two windows user names, also NOKIA & NOTNOKIA (just to keep them straiht, they don't have to be the same).

(3) Log onto windows with NOKIA for RDP, NOTNOKIA for a local session.

(4) After logging in as NOKIA set CQC_Username=NOKIA in the "User level" environment variables via the control panel. Set CQC_password appropriately.

(5) After logging in as NOTNOKIA set CQC_Username=NOTNOKIA in the "User level" environment variables via the control panel. Set CQC_password appropriately.

(6) In the CQC Admin interface set the template default for each CQC user, NOKIA & NOTNOKIA with different templates.

(7) In those two startup templates either set an environment variable ar a variables driver variable to the logged in state.

(8) Have an explicit exit method from the Nokia series of templates where you can set the variable to 'not logged in'

(9) When you use RDP use the NOKIA windows logon

(10) For the local session use the NOTNOKIA logon.
Mark Stega
You can always choose to start up the IV via a .cmd file. So set up something like:

@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL
SET WHATEVER=xxx
SET THISANDTHAT=yyy
[put the IV invocation line here]

This would allow you to set different environment variables per invocation of the IV even if you wanted to.

The benefit of using environment variables is that they are machine specific and you don't have to set up variables per client in the variables driver. So there's still something to be said for using them.

I guess another thing we could do is allow you to define environment variables at the CQC user account level, so that you could have each CQC user account, no matter what CQC program you run, pick up a set of environment variables at the per-application level.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Okay, did what was suggested and created 2 variables in CQC: cqc-LoggedIn and Nokia-LoggedIn. Then I have the IV change the variable on load to True depending on which template, and thus which user, is connected. Now the trigger will check the the variables and know who is logged in. So that works good.
This brings up the next question which I have asked but nobody has addressed yet. How do you set which IV and thus which overlay to load? Right now it is only loading on the server side IV and never on the Nokia side. Have changed the variables to just having the Nokia logged in and so it loads the overlay for the Nokia, but on the server IV. Have had both logged in with the same results, only the server IV gets the overlay loaded. With just the server logged in (cqc-LoggedIn = True) then it works fine. Have even tried changing the template for the Nokia so the center-overlay is named Nokia-center-overlay so it is different then the server side. Then call
Devices::FieldWrite
P1=CQCInterfaceViewer.LoadOverlay
P2=Nokia-center-overlay,\User\Camera2-Overlay
Nothing happens on both the server & Nokia IV. And no error msg in the log file.
So the question is how do I change the overlay for just the server IV or just the Nokia IV without affecting the other one?
Anybody have any suggestions on this? Is it possible?
Sorry, I have no experience using the environmental variables. But it sure sounds like the problem that Robertmee says he has always experienced (changes only effect the system variables, not the user variables).
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
No, we have that issued resolved now. What I need help with is the IV and loading a overlay on just a specific one, as I have more then one open. Or should I start a new thread for this?
Have you set the CQC user to load a specific default template? Is that what you are trying to do?

IE - when Nokia_User logs in, it always loads the Nokia_Main template. If the Laptop_User logs in, it always loads the Laptop_Main template.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
sic0048 Wrote:Sorry, I have no experience using the environmental variables. But it sure sounds like the problem that Robertmee says he has always experienced (changes only effect the system variables, not the user variables).
Brian, That's not the issue and not the proper way to think about environment variables. Trioxide has that part working, I did a step by step tutorial several posts back. on how to communicate via system variables.

[Edit]I didn't mean to sound harsh, but on re-reading I guess it was a bit sharp, sorry, I am just a bit frustrated. Go up to post #16 & #31, #16 will get you up to speed on environment variable terminology (the real confusion is that environment variables have two scopes, system and user, and one of the accounts is called 'System'). #31 describes how two different user accounts can communicate unique information to a third account using environment variables in both the system and user areas of the three accounts.
Mark Stega
Trioxide Wrote:Okay, did what was suggested and created 2 variables in CQC: cqc-LoggedIn and Nokia-LoggedIn. Then I have the IV change the variable on load to True depending on which template, and thus which user, is connected. Now the trigger will check the the variables and know who is logged in. So that works good.
This brings up the next question which I have asked but nobody has addressed yet. How do you set which IV and thus which overlay to load? Right now it is only loading on the server side IV and never on the Nokia side. Have changed the variables to just having the Nokia logged in and so it loads the overlay for the Nokia, but on the server IV. Have had both logged in with the same results, only the server IV gets the overlay loaded. With just the server logged in (cqc-LoggedIn = True) then it works fine. Have even tried changing the template for the Nokia so the center-overlay is named Nokia-center-overlay so it is different then the server side. Then call
Devices::FieldWrite
P1=CQCInterfaceViewer.LoadOverlay
P2=Nokia-center-overlay,\User\Camera2-Overlay
Nothing happens on both the server & Nokia IV. And no error msg in the log file.
So the question is how do I change the overlay for just the server IV or just the Nokia IV without affecting the other one?

No need to change names, that is not the problem.

This is an interesting issue - When you start the interface viewer (each instance, the one on the server and the one in the remote session, you need to specify a port so that it could be controlled (a /Port=xxx on the command line). However the driver for the interface viewer doesn't have a corresponding configuration step and I think it needs one. It must be getting the IV that is the one running on the local session rather than the remote.

What you really need is to be able to install the driver twice with different monikers (Like IntfView-Nokia and IntfView-Console). I'll talk to Dean later today & see if he has a work around or a better idea.
Mark Stega
Didn't even think to have 2 different drivers for the InterfaceViewer. There is a port setting in the config right so then I just put that port number in the command line when I start the IV? Will try that today when I get home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leviton VRUSB owners: Does it work? IVB 30 10,826 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Sony DVP-CX777ES doesn't work Andre 10 5,162 02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Andre
  Just installed 4.0 now SNMP doesn't work? SamVimes2 9 4,370 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Will CQC work for me? programmergeek 7 3,157 06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Last Post: LesAuber
  Will this work as server? optix 3 2,352 12-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  j river media center 13 work with cqc? pjwinstalls 0 1,317 06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Last Post: pjwinstalls
  What UPB switches work best with CQC/ELK flik 4 2,142 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: robolo
  How to configure seperate sage server to work with cqc server rajeevc 2 1,953 01-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Anyone make/sell templetes as cool as these that would work with CQC personalt 8 3,271 11-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  How to work with Image Packs RHT 3 1,912 08-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey