Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz DVD Driver
The DV7600 would not work with this driver. This driver would need to be updated to accomodate it or probably the better option would be to build a separate driver. The protocol for some of the device fields for the DV7600 are handled much differently than the devices that this driver currently supports. It wouldn't be too hard to mod this one to work for the 7600. Do you have one?
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
Thanks for the response, yes, i had 2 of this 7600 currently. it would be nice to be able to control. if you need me to test out or try out feel free.
Thanks in advance

Thanks,
ismewor
i just upgraded to v2.4.14, this sits at "wait for initialization". Was working fine before the upgrade.

I know dean made some changes, dunno if any of them would have impacted this.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
It was missing an EndCase which isn't allowed now. I've fixed it. The new one is attached.

Attached Files
.cqcdrvpack   MarantzDVD_2_4_15_v0_8.CQCDrvPack (Size: 13.03 KB / Downloads: 4)
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:It was missing an EndCase which isn't allowed now. I've fixed it. The new one is attached.
ah, so it has. Thanks!
Sure enough...in the Poll(). Other than that have you had any troubles with the driver? Its been awfully quiet so I assume all is well. And actually I changed the logic at some point to only query the power since it supplies async's for everything else so a switch really isn't even needed there. I will edit it and load the new one up at the start of the thread.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
It's been working great. Then again, all I ever do is stop/pause/play/up/down/left/right/next chapter/prev chapter. Hell, I don't even like doing a FFW/REW, be it on live DVDs or rips :-)

If it's not in the official list, it should be. (did you ever remove that hardcoded COM11? I never tried testing as i'm out of IP Serial Server ports, so I need it to be on COM11)
The last version posted isn't hard coded. I just did that to get past the bump we had with one of the betas. I will get the new one up and get some documentation for this done and then once you have a chance to bang on it some more it should be ready to go. Eventually I need to create a companion to this for ismeor. If it doesn't fit I may need to change the Model for this so I it reflects the devices it supports. It is fairly easy to do a Model change on a driver. Just create a template pack for the templates that use the driver, import and install the new driver, and then reimport the templates and since it has the same moniker/fldnames it should pick it up if memory serves me correctly.
Is there any reason this wouldn't work on 3.1? I haven't used this device in a year, just noticed the driver wasn't hooked up, but now i'd like to integrate it to CQC again. But it cycles between 'Wait for comm resource' and 'wait for connect'.

This could easily be user error as i'm going via an IP Serial Server on a port I haven't used in years, i'm going to try and hunt down a normal serial cable and test via laptop, but that's a lot easier said than found.
Surprised it compiles at all if using 0.7. It had the inadvertent issue with a missing EndCase statement in the Poll routine. Try the version 0.8 posted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 60 18,672 07-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 635 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,550 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 561 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 610 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,294 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 646 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 343,240 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,601 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 897 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M