Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marantz DVD Driver
I'm almost embarrased to let y'all know what the problem was. You can't expect a reply if you don't tell it you want one. I wasn't sending a query message to the device so of course it wasn't going to respond...ahhhhhh. I know it was there originally, but I am going to go back and look at the early versions just to make sure. I still added a MaxTimeouts during polling for now. The only place you may see it timeout is when it takes too long to responsd from a field write. If you run into those situations let me know.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
well, it's been loaded for 5mins with no timeouts. I'll try using it later tonight when the kids aren't whining or fighting or bickering or complaining. (ie, after they go to sleep)
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
In between 0.4 and 0.5 I managed to whack the power query command. Don't know how, but I did. You shouldn't see any timeouts from polling, only possibly from field writes where the device is slow to respond.
It's the early bird that catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
IVB Wrote:well, it's been loaded for 5mins with no timeouts. I'll try using it later tonight when the kids aren't whining or fighting or bickering or complaining. (ie, after they go to sleep)

They didn't do any of that when I was there!! :-)
Keith
we were in the basement...
some minor testing so far. There have been 8 timeouts, but zero lost connections. And MY GOD is this unit fast to respond, but i'll post about that and some other thoughts in the "HA progress" thread later tonight.
Are the timeouts on field writes and they are giving you a rejected value? If so crank up the verbosity and it will log which fields are timing out. If it is giving a rejected value is the action still happening on the device even though the reply from the device times out?
well, the # hasn't changed since I posted. I just put into high verbosity, i'll tell you if anything happens.
IVB Wrote:some minor testing so far.
Does that involve testing the "bickering children"?
it's odd; some commands seem to work fine, but get "value rejected by driver". I'll show which. In looking at the pattern, it looks like the device can't handle messages in rapid sequence, but i'll let the techie folks provide guidance there.

Cursor works fine
GoToTrack works fine
MenuCmd.Menu works fine but throws the "value rejected" error
SubTitleToggle works fine, but if I go too quickly it will throw "value rejected"
Zoom works fine, but if I issue multiples too quickly it will throw "value rejected"

Fwd & Rewind commands are hinky:
Playmode.FastFWD is currently Fast Rewind
Playmode.FastRev does nothing
ResumeStop throws an error claiming "value rejected by driver"
SlowFwd is currently slow rewind
SlowRev is currently fast forward

Aspect works, but most of the time it throws an erorr claiming "value rejected by driver"

More later, i'll have to read up on what the other commands actually do.

bph Wrote:Does that involve testing the "bickering children"?

oh, i was clearly the one being tested there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 60 18,681 07-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  SmartThings API V1 driver kfly 5 637 02-22-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 14 5,551 02-21-2022, 10:11 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Help on editing existing Driver Spot 5 562 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  New to driver development - where to start? jokermac 2 611 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Yamaha RX-V673 IP control Driver jdmevo123 22 11,296 03-27-2021, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spot
  Updated SMS Driver gReatAutomation 0 646 01-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Sage Media Server driver (beta) Fonceur 698 343,273 07-26-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  Russound MCA-66 on TCP driver lapointe.sc@gmail.com 5 2,601 05-24-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Samsung SmartTV Driver George M 0 897 05-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Last Post: George M