Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can i monitor the battery status?
i finally bought a umpc (q1) and now i am always wondering if it needs charged. is there a way to see battery status in cqc? i tried searching on power and battery and i did not see anything.

thanks,

greg
Not currently. It could be added to the Host Monitor driver but that would require running CQCServer on the UMPC which you probably generally don't want to do. But there's another way it could possibly be done. I'll consider it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:Not currently. It could be added to the Host Monitor driver but that would require running CQCServer on the UMPC which you probably generally don't want to do. But there's another way it could possibly be done. I'll consider it.
WMI rules.

(You could have a driver on a CQC server that makes a WMI/WBEM call remotely to the UMPC and reports it as a field.)
I'm thinking of a better way to address this that is very general and would solve various other issues as well. I just haven't had time to fully explore how to best implement it yet.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:I'm thinking of a better way to address this that is very general and would solve various other issues as well. I just haven't had time to fully explore how to best implement it yet.

If you include the ability to read WMI in your concept you are then able to get *anything* from the OS and hardware in a standard format. This would help future-proof the work you do.
searching for a way to display my tablet's battery status on the screen i find my own post from 9 years ago Smile looking at the manuals i don't see anything on this so i am assuming i still can't display the clients battery status when i am full screen?

g
No, not currently. Well, there was a SNMP driver that someone did a while back. That may provide you access to that information, I'm not sure.
Dean Roddey
(06-11-2017, 12:36 PM)indygreg Wrote: searching for a way to display my tablet's battery status on the screen i find my own post from 9 years ago Smile  looking at the manuals i don't see anything on this so i am assuming i still can't display the clients battery status when i am full screen?

g

How about with Eventghost sending back stats to CQC using this battery plugin.  (not used it myself)
I looked at some ways to do this and had some useful ideas. Though it could be put into the host monitor driver, I don't think that would be mainly where it would be best used. Mostly folks would be interested in monitoring the local info. To do that, you'd have to run the CQC App Shell on that machine so that you could run drivers. That's not something that folks would often want to do on the types of systems where they would actually care about the battery level (i.e. tablets and the like.)

So I was thinking maybe I could just push that information into some well known global variables in the IV. So you could just set up variable driven controls to display the info.

Ultimately then I could support it for the new WebRIVA client as well, by allowing the clients to periodically push batter info to the server, if that info is available within the javascript environment anyway.
Dean Roddey
i am a little surprised that others have not asked for this. it seems like others would want to know if their touchscreen was about to die without dropping out of the interface. i think other automation touchscreen systems like crestrons display local info like battery and wifi strength. like this http://www.ravepubs.com/wp-content/uploa...2-0615.jpg

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zwave lock battery level indicator on Field Checkbox kfly 4 3,536 09-07-2019, 05:34 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Generic-Network Monitor - Config File Error gReatAutomation 17 6,936 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  EVent Server Monitor znelbok 1 2,056 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Tray Monitor hangs/crashes out of sleep mode Bugman 5 2,960 01-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Bugman
  parameter not saving for event monitor bbrendon 2 2,013 10-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Status of GlobalCache driver? jkmonroe 4 2,794 06-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Light switch status not updating when turning on/off at switch ghurty 23 7,917 01-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: batwater
  CQC Status Reporting Needed sic0048 3 2,100 12-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  any way to monitor CQC bbrendon 2 2,022 12-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  HAI zone arming status and thermostats rsw686 3 2,811 05-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Last Post: rsw686