Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klipsch Synergy Series on sale at Woot
SomeWhatLost Wrote:why? it is not that bad... there are lots of semi intelligent and semi helpful people over there (me being one of them:roll: )...
it is a happy place...
well it can be fun at least...

Have you ever been to the speaker threads? Those people can be brutal sometimes.

Just for fun, sometimes I think about starting a thread about Bose speakers and then sitting back while the "stuff" flys.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
beelzerob Wrote:Ugh...I don't look forward to that, and I do NOT want to have to go over to AVS forums for this. That place scares me. Confusedhock:

My wife has the same sentiment seems the more time I spend there there's a direct correlation to how much money I end up spending, but seriously it can be helpful, of course there are few that spoil it for everyone else.
Well, for me, it's also kinda not worth the effort there, because I'm just not that into audio. I did prowl the forums there once when shopping for a subwoofer, and it does offer some info that may lean you one way or the other...but I just don't want to get bogged down into which speakers sound absolutely crystal clear at 3.54Ghz, etc etc.

I'd just like something that gives good sound without killing my wallet to get it. Ahh, the eternal dream.... I'm sure there's some mid-range quality speaker series out there with my name on it. Heck, we've been using the Panasonic speakers from a home-theater-in-a-box my wife won at work from over 5 years ago, and they still work just great (in fact, its nonpowered subwoofer was amazing)...but we're tired of speakers sticking off the wall and want something more subtle.
smithb39 Wrote:Nice feature of my Integra DTC-9.8 preamp is you can set the volume level to a specified value upon startup and you can set a max level, kids love to play with the knobs so it gives a little piece of mind.

Brent
yea my lex lets me do that too... I always have it start at -35 , but I never did the Max part...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
beelzerob Wrote:Well, for me, it's also kinda not worth the effort there, because I'm just not that into audio. I did prowl the forums there once when shopping for a subwoofer, and it does offer some info that may lean you one way or the other...but I just don't want to get bogged down into which speakers sound absolutely crystal clear at 3.54Ghz, etc etc.

I'd just like something that gives good sound without killing my wallet to get it. Ahh, the eternal dream.... I'm sure there's some mid-range quality speaker series out there with my name on it. Heck, we've been using the Panasonic speakers from a home-theater-in-a-box my wife won at work from over 5 years ago, and they still work just great (in fact, its nonpowered subwoofer was amazing)...but we're tired of speakers sticking off the wall and want something more subtle.
oh, you are just no fun...:tounge
as a general rule for speakers, bigger & uglier = better sound, Smaller nicer looking = worse sound... something goofy to do with physics and such...;-)
fwiw, at the moment I really like rythmik servo subs they are just amazing...
and for speakers I would look at Paradigm... back when I was looking for speakers they had a very good sound/value ratio... but that was a long time ago, things may have changed... oh and they are Canadian, eh? in the end I ended up with some older AR floor standers, they sound great, but it kind of looks like Stonehenge... just with speakers instead of stones...
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
As 2c worth from somebody else that is not all that into HiFi/HT stuff, I think of speakers like wine.

If you like it then it's a good wine, regardless of what the "critics" say.

So if the speakers sound ok to you, then who cares if the actual specs are not perfect.

However this advice comes from someone who watches TV in mono :-)

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Heh..well, I completely agree with that sentiment...however...I do basically all of my shopping online, which makes listening to the speakers a little difficult until they're already mine. Wink So, I have to basically rely on specs, official reviews, and *shudder* the user-reviews on forums like avs.
SomeWhatLost Wrote:oh, you are just no fun...:tounge
as a general rule for speakers, bigger & uglier = better sound, Smaller nicer looking = worse sound... something goofy to do with physics and such...;-)
fwiw, at the moment I really like rythmik servo subs they are just amazing...
and for speakers I would look at Paradigm... back when I was looking for speakers they had a very good sound/value ratio... but that was a long time ago, things may have changed... oh and they are Canadian, eh? in the end I ended up with some older AR floor standers, they sound great, but it kind of looks like Stonehenge... just with speakers instead of stones...
I have the Paradigm Studio 80s and I love em
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
rhamer Wrote:As 2c worth from somebody else that is not all that into HiFi/HT stuff, I think of speakers like wine.

If you like it then it's a good wine, regardless of what the "critics" say.

So if the speakers sound ok to you, then who cares if the actual specs are not perfect.

However this advice comes from someone who watches TV in mono :-)

Cheers

Rohan

From someone who has Penfolds Grange basically made in their backyard your taste in speaker should be pretty good! :-D
Keith
I'll third Paradigm. I have Monitor 7s for front's, CC370 Center, 370 surrounds, and titans for rears in a 7.1 setup. You can't beat them for value and great sound.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denon 4520 on sale at Bestbuy for $999 or less! ellisr63 0 4,205 09-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: ellisr63
  For Sale - Squeezeboxs potts.mike 0 2,914 06-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Last Post: potts.mike
  FOR SALE: Global Cache GC-RG1 General IR Receiver Mike Boulanger 0 2,881 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Mike Boulanger
  Brultech ECMs & CTs for sale Sendero 3 3,854 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Sendero
  FOR SALE: Global Cache GC-100-12, GC-IRL, GC-RG1, GC-IRE, almost new! Mike Boulanger 5 6,421 04-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Mike Boulanger
  [FOR SALE] Cleaning House vettemanv8 1 3,029 03-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: vettemanv8
  HP t5700 for sale $50 robolo 0 2,605 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: robolo
  Misc. goodies for sale AnthonyZ 7 5,830 08-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Last Post: zpollock
  Samsung Q1 for sale cmspeer 4 4,291 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Last Post: ctay
  [FOR SALE] [SALE/TRADE] Vizia RF, Omni II, and Nuvo CalypsoCowboy 1 2,995 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Last Post: CalypsoCowboy