Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digit Edgeport 416 on E-bay for $125 or less - (Good through 2/15/08 -6am PST)
Yes, I have an 416 in my setup and I was able to get a replacement 416 for my parents setup. Theirs fried in an apparent electrical storm (see post a few up).

I've been very happy with the units. Mine has been working just fine for about 4 years now. My parents unit worked fine until the storm and the replacement unit has been fine too.

Yes, that should be the number Dean was referring to and my unit starts with 302, so your unit was built well after mine. You should be fine as long as you can find a power supply.

There appears to be one on EBay for $50 +10 shipping. It has a power supply too. That is a steal at that price!
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
Cool. The one you referenced is actually for DB25 even though it says DB9. There are 2 for sale for $200 so I made a lower offer and he accepted. So I plan to sell one here if anyone would be interested. I found a power supply cheaper than what Digi sells them for. So after all said and done total cost per about $120. Cheaper than buying 2 edgeport 8s.
Oh - good catch on the different version. You certainly don't want to buy the wrong one! That is still a good price and is about what I paid for mine.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
I have one extra if someone still needs one. I bought a lot of 4 some time ago and I've had 2 spares ever since. I don't seem to ever find these kinds of things in singles at a good price. Kind of like the 6 GC100s I ended up with.

Russ...
kblagron Wrote:Brian,

You might take a look at the Etherlite 16. It uses RJ-45 ports so you have to build your own connection to it. I had one go out just like you due to lightning, and bought a replacement for $50. I went ahead and bought two additional ones to cover me for the future lightning strikes. Here are some "on sale" at e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digi-EL-16-Etherlite...20b94b5213

Careful with these. They dont use an IEC cable, rather a special power supply which if you dont have can cost you just as much again if not more $95 is what I was quoted for one).

Mick
Mykel Koblenz
Illawarra Smart Home

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are these good deals/useful? SamVimes2 1 2,401 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Helheim
  Edgeport 8 port USB to serial on eBay $90 rdf 0 2,516 02-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Post: rdf
  Good price on Lexicon MC-12B Dean Roddey 2 4,348 09-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Hiller