Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SquareD/Clipsal/C-Bus systems
Let me know if you are interested in installing a Cbus based lighting control system in your home. I may be able to help facilitate getting you the equipment needed.

I am a Clipsal integrator in the Chicagoland area and work with my business partner Hotwire electric on the hard-wire portion of the install.

Thanks.

Elmer
Tell me, have you guys been instructed on the use of the pink cat5 for C-Bus. I saw a thread from CT and in the pics there were a few c-bus items to be isntalled and lots of standard Cat5. I asked about the use of it and have not seen a reply yet.
I am just curious if the pink cat5 has been pushed over there.

Mick
It is recommended but not pushed. In my installation we used a white Cat5/6 cable for the bus and all the other data, video and voice were other colors to easily differentiate.

Inside the cans we do use the pink cable with the sheathing.
emillika Wrote:Let me know if you are interested in installing a Cbus based lighting control system in your home. I may be able to help facilitate getting you the equipment needed.

I am a Clipsal integrator in the Chicagoland area and work with my business partner Hotwire electric on the hard-wire portion of the install.

Thanks.

Elmer

Just got the intro last week from clipsal, what types of systems have you been doing and or seeing? Intergration of security, cameras, thermostats, macros, and etc. seemed kinda fuzzy?
bump, Anyone?
On the Clipsal side just lighting for now. The thermo's aren't out yet and the audio systems are not something I will be offering my customers.

I specifiy and recommend best-of-class sub systems within a particular budget and Sonos usually wins the audio portion of installs. Camera's are Axis 210/211's....