Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 4s lag normal for CQC controlling CQS Audio player?
Now that I have things mostly functional I've noticed that when I hit the next/prev/pause button in the UI that it then takes about 4s for the action to occur. Is this normal? is this due to the player being on one machine and the media repo being on another? Would I be better off moving the media repo to the player machine or would it be the same issue?

At first I thought this was just due to me pressing buttons on the Nuvo keypad and waiting for the events to happen. But the same delay happens through the CQC IV.
not at all - my response time is near-instant. I'd definitely try moving something around.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
What is the CPU usage looking like on the machine where the player driver is loaded?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Sendero Wrote:Now that I have things mostly functional I've noticed that when I hit the next/prev/pause button in the UI that it then takes about 4s for the action to occur. Is this normal? is this due to the player being on one machine and the media repo being on another? Would I be better off moving the media repo to the player machine or would it be the same issue?

At first I thought this was just due to me pressing buttons on the Nuvo keypad and waiting for the events to happen. But the same delay happens through the CQC IV.

Mine seems to be the same as well. It originally wasn't like that, but changed after one of the versions. I will check into my CPU usage and let you know Dean, but Sendero you are not alone. I also have the GC.
The GC driver may be blocking for a long time on something and that will hold up outgoing commands.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:The GC driver may be blocking for a long time on something and that will hold up outgoing commands.
Would it block commands while selecting from playlists, or should it just block while pressing buttons. I get delays whether I press transport buttons on keypads or whether I select from the interface viewer.
It would block anything that involves a field write, since the driver is holding up the outgoing serial port or socket or whatever.
Dean Roddey
The machine is a Core2 Duo 4300 w/2gb mem in it. The only thing running on it is the IV and the CQC server. The CPU usage is around 5-7% steady state. When I hit the "Next" button in the IV then CPU usage spikes up to 21 then 18, then 5, then 21, then back to 4-7%. I'll get a screencap of task manager to show it better.

Ok, screenshot is here :[Image: CQCPerfmon.jpg]

Each spike in there is when I hit the next button in the IV. None of them were over 30% CPU usage

I also disabled the triggers for the CurItemName changing in the Audio Player. That had no effect.
Other info, from the CQC logs. This was with me clicking the Next button as soon as the song started playing. Looks like the trigger/event is happening quickly but whatever happens leading up to it is taking a while.

01/04 23:41:28-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread3
{
CQCEventSrv, CQCEventSrv_ThisFacility.cpp.1509, Status/App Status
Started processing triggered event 'AudioUpdates'
}
01/04 23:41:28-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread3
{
CQCEventSrv, CQCEventSrv_ThisFacility.cpp.1544, Status/App Status
Triggered event 'AudioUpdates' completed successfully
}
01/04 23:41:35-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread2
{
}
01/04 23:41:36-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread2
{
}
01/04 23:41:40-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread3
{
}
01/04 23:41:41-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread3
{
}
01/04 23:41:45-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread2
{
}
01/04 23:41:45-MyServer, CQCEventSrv, CQCEventWorkerThread2
{
}
Also, to be clear, all my button is doing is:
Devices::FieldWrite(CQSLAudio.Transport, Next)

Not sure if this is related, but if I watch the Field Browser and the players PlayerStatus sometimes I see it flip to "Media Ended" just before starting to play the new/next song. Is this normal?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiroom Audio Suggestions kblagron 4 4,236 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Anyone doing TTS without lag in audio? IVB 5 3,660 05-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQC controlling Model Railroad??? Deane Johnson 53 33,374 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Deane Johnson
  Marantz Network Audio Players cavalier240 7 4,777 11-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  BluRay Player? jkmonroe 7 4,060 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Roku as media player with CQC media control bryanb 11 7,430 01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
  Controlling Insteon Scene Controller buttons ellisr63 8 5,863 10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Preferred whole house audio rtarver 24 11,091 05-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Last Post: jkish
  Android Widgets directly controlling CQC! IVB 39 14,649 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
  Need QCQ Controlled Audio Solution anogee 4 3,665 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM