Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crimson Editor Syntax highlighting
A few people have asked me for the Crimson Editor syntax highlighting files for CML.

I have attached them here.

Once you have installed Crimson Editor, place the .spc and .key files in the spec directory, then place the extension.manifest and firstline.cqc files in the link directory.

To make the highlighting work correctly, the CML source file must have CQC somewhere in the first line. So just put in a comment like //CQC.

Cheers

Rohan

Attached Files
.zip   CrimsonEditorSyntaxHighlighting.zip (Size: 2.56 KB / Downloads: 77)
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Maybe you could put them over on the CQC users webs ite as well. In the download section somewhere

Mick
Is anyone using this? I just stumbled upon this by accident... sounds interesting. Its so hard to search through other code files. I'm hoping someone has a magic bullet.

Instead of Dean improving the IDE he should figure out a way to make an external one integrate Smile
--Kill all the serial ports--
bbrendon Wrote:Is anyone using this? I just stumbled upon this by accident... sounds interesting. Its so hard to search through other code files. I'm hoping someone has a magic bullet.

Instead of Dean improving the IDE he should figure out a way to make an external one integrate Smile
I use Crimson with the syntax highlighting 100% of the time for driver development. I only use the ide for syntax checking, debugging, and production of packages. There are too many non standard command keystrokes, lack of highlight, etc in the test harness to use on a routine basis. YMMV
Mark Stega
FYI Crimson editor has now been replaced with Emerald editor.

Not sure what the differences are, other than one is red and one is green....

Cheers

Rohan
HAMFIELD
Software & Hardware Solutions
Makers of the Translink C-Bus Gateway
for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Emerald was to be the follow-on open source project superseding Crimson. The original author ending up open sourcing both Crimson & Emerald. Last time I looked a few volunteers has done some minor updates to Crimson a few tears ago, Emerald was untouched for 7 years.
Mark Stega
I use Crimson as well based on reco's here. Works great. Just installed the files above, and works great! Thanks for reviving this as I forgot all about it.

Bugman
I'm going to try it now. Looks like the latest is here.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emeralde...soneditor/

...okay. I'm back. It works. Very basic. Once I set syntax highlighting to auto it woke up.

I don't suppose there is a way for CQC to at least syntax check an external file?

Maybe once I get better at CML I can write a whole program in Crimson and then copy-paste into CQC in one go Smile
--Kill all the serial ports--

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where's the Action Editor? Deane Johnson 4 1,813 07-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Template Editor Annonyances rsw686 13 6,364 05-17-2015, 05:55 PM
  CQC editor ellisr63 9 3,827 05-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Last Post: ellisr63
  UltraEdit CML and PDL Syntax files batwater 6 3,810 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Last Post: batwater
  Syntax for variable action khill 8 3,690 03-23-2011, 08:26 PM
  Scheduled events editor - howto request willplaice 2 2,117 05-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Last Post: jkish
  Text Editor Syntax File for PDL hucker 0 1,435 05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Last Post: hucker
  A few questions about using cqc (ui editor and file tag repo) rip74 5 2,528 03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
  Interface Editor on multiple computers Target 8 4,080 02-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Target
  Interface Editor stinggray 3 1,894 03-26-2007, 06:40 PM