Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the CQC Elk M1 driver compatible with Elk firmware 5.0.12
FYI, I was able to solve my problem tonight by adding a USB to DB9 converter cable. The addition of this cable added a port Com3 on my server that I mapped the ELK serial driver. Voila, it works for now. Thank you for all your help guys...

Datatrig
a little off topic, but i am looking to install an ELK M1G and am trying to decide between connecting to it via a serial port or getting the ethernet adapter. how are people connecting to their elk (serial or ethernet) and why? thanks.
gacevich Wrote:a little off topic, but i am looking to install an ELK M1G and am trying to decide between connecting to it via a serial port or getting the ethernet adapter. how are people connecting to their elk (serial or ethernet) and why? thanks.

I use Ethernet. If you want to program it and use CQC with it, Ethernet is the way to go. No cable swapping or stopping drivers, etc.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Definitely ethernet. I did the serial route for a few weeks, but found myself *constantly* having to stop CQC/driver, swap cables to muck with the setup. It would take an extra 5mins for each cycle due to that crap, and when you're first setting this up, you'll constantly be tweaking stuff.

Once I got the ethernet, I then realized how cool it was to install ElkRP on every PC in the house and the ElkRP db on a share drive, and simply use the most convenient one to make any changes. Now that's convenient.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Yea, ethernet is the way to go for sure.
IVB Wrote:ElkRP db on a share drive

thanks for the direction on the ethernet. when u say "share drive", r u consolidating all your data (movies, music, etc) on a NAS or using one of your pc's?
I have a RAID1 fileshare for super-critical data on one of my PCs. I've got quicken, email, important docs, & random config stuff like this on there. Plus, to keep things simple, I always make it the same letter mapping on all my PCs.

So, not an actual NAS box, but same difference.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 386 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 436 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 907 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,834 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 1,948 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,566 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,160 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 10,895 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,070 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Problem with Accesssing Variables Driver Client Interface kblagron 5 1,959 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: kblagron