Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woot!: IF IN76 for $899
wish I would of passed on getting my IF IN72 and gotten this instead...
its a refurb, but its an IF... and its 720P... and it has RS-232...
seems like a good price, although I haven't been following them lately...
Woot!
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
not to mention a CQC driver Smile
oh, and it comes with an amusing product description of sorts...
woot Wrote:XYZZY

You are at Woot.com. Hovering in front of you is a button labeled ├ó┬Ç┬£I Want One!├ó┬Ç┬Ø
Today’s product is a InFocus IN76 HD Projector.

?> LOOK PROJECTOR

The InFocus IN76 HD Projector is designed to give a theater-style image at home. It uses Pixelworks DNX video-processing technology to deliver high-definition images through the use of multiple enhancement techniques. It has a removable swivel base and could also attach to the ceiling. It is a refurbished model, but it is perfectly fine.
There is an orc behind you.
├ó┬Ç┬£Graaa!├ó┬Ç┬Ø yells the orc!

?>ATTACK ORC

You punch the orc with your fists.
The orc says ├ó┬Ç┬£I was only here to look at the 720p DarkChip2 DLP technology! It makes deeper darks and has a 3000:1 contrast ratio with a native 1280├â┬ù720 16:9 wide-screen resolution! But now we must fight! Graaa!├ó┬Ç┬Ø

?>EQUIP MAGIC SWORD

You have your magic sword. It glows magically, but is still not as bright as the 1000 lumens of the InFocus IN76 HD Projector.
The orc hits you for 10 hit points.

?>ATTACK ORC WITH MAGIC SWORD

You attack the orc with your magic sword. You hit for 7 hit points.
The orc says ├ó┬Ç┬£After I finish you I will enjoy the two brightness modes on the InFocus IN76 HD Projector! High or Whisper!├ó┬Ç┬Ø
The orc hits you for 19 hit points.

?>HEAL

You focus on the InFocus IN76 HD Projector, considering how it can accept DVI, M1, HDMI, RCA Component, VESA (HD15) or S-Video as well as work with Standard, Enhanced or Hi-Def TV and a Computer. You feel calm and healthy.
You heal for 20 hit points.
The orc misses you.

?>GET REMOTE

You have the InFocus IN76 HD Projector’s included remote.
The orc hits you for 3 hit points.

?>ATTACK ORC WITH MAGIC SWORD

You attack the orc with your magic sword. You hit the orc for 35 hit points.
The ├ó┬Ç┬£I Want One!├ó┬Ç┬Ø button is beginning to shake and wiggle.

?>GET INFOCUS IN76 HD PROJECTOR

Your secure connection to Woot.com means the orc cannot see your credit card number. You buy the InFocus IN76 HD Projector.

?>ALLOW FOR SHIPPING

The orc hits you for 3 hit points.

?>ALLOW FOR SHIPPING

The orc hits you for 1 hit points.

?>ALLOW FOR SHIPPING

The orc hits you for 1 hit points.
The orc is bored! The orc leaves.

?>ALLOW FOR SHIPPING

Your InFocus IN76 HD Projector has arrived. There is a remote in the box.
In the distance you hear an orc yell ├ó┬Ç┬£Graaa!├ó┬Ç┬Ø

?>USE REMOTE ON INFOCUS IN76 HD PROJECTOR

I don’t know how to do that.

?>Q

Are you sure you want to quit (Y/N?)

?>Y
NOTE: As one wise professional something once stated, I am ignorant & childish, with a mindset comparable to 9/11 troofers and wackjob conspiracy theorists. so don't take anything I say as advice...
Damn this goes for RRP of 5K here in Aus. Shame about the 110V issue. DO they have selectable voltages or oare they universal?

The Aus dollar is close to .9US, not far of parity so that makes it a 1K projector - save 4K. Cant beat that

Mick
SomeWhatLost Wrote:oh, and it comes with an amusing product description of sorts...

:-D :-D :-D Now THAT'S funny. I remember those days.....
SomeWhatLost Wrote:wish I would of passed on getting my IF IN72 and gotten this instead...
its a refurb, but its an IF... and its 720P... and it has RS-232...
seems like a good price, although I haven't been following them lately...
Woot!

Dang, even I'M tempted by this....and there's literally not enough room in our rental even for its box. :-( Our eventual downstairs theater is sadly months if not years away...I'm hoping that by then, this will be a normal price (and woot's will be $300!)
beelzerob Wrote:Dang, even I'M tempted by this....and there's literally not enough room in our rental even for its box. :-( Our eventual downstairs theater is sadly months if not years away...I'm hoping that by then, this will be a normal price (and woot's will be $300!)
well since that is what I got the IN72 for from woot a couple of months ago (well, $500 - $200 MiR), you may very well have a good point... projectors only seem to be getting cheaper every couple of months, so if you don't need it now, it is better to wait....
and possibly attack an orc...
I am not clear on what orcs have to do with projectors, but hey, what do I know?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4-27-09 Woot is the HP IQ504 Touchscreen PC for $655 (refurbished) sic0048 0 2,317 04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Woot: 22"touchscreen Dell PC - $750 IVB 2 2,739 03-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Last Post: SomeWhatLost
  Slingbox AV (refurb) on Woot $75 shipped rdf 0 2,213 07-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Last Post: rdf
  Woot Off zaccari 2 2,879 06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Last Post: brotsten
  Q1 Woot dkemme 11 6,963 04-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Last Post: George M
  Klipsch Synergy Series on sale at Woot dkemme 19 8,738 02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: robertmee
  Q1 Ultra for $579 from Yahoo Woot Today Only Jonathan 2 3,966 11-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Q1 on the Woot Off dkemme 1 2,392 07-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Last Post: ctay
  Woot has Nokia 770 again $119 brotsten 2 2,982 07-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Last Post: brotsten
  Woot off in progress dkemme 1 2,469 04-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Sendero