Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk Keypad Commands
Well, I can tell you how to control the chime, but the problem I still see is how to tell you in an interface how it is set. The string to send to the M1 to toggle the chime is 09kf01C00C2. This includes the length leader and checksum.

In CQC you can use the Passthrough Command parameter and send kf01C. CQC will add trailing zeroes and calculate length and checksum. So, your action would look like Devices::Field Write(M1,Passthrough,kf01C) On Click.

Each time you press that button the chime mode will toggle between Tone, Voice, Tone/Voice and Off, just like pressing it on the keypad. This will work as is right now. The problem, like I said, is capturing the mode and displaying that on the interface somehow. In the interim, the chime button light on the keypad does illuminate when you press the command button. Maybe you would have to write a macro or something to caputure the return string of 11KF01C200000000087 to determine how to display something on the interface.
Steve Wrote:Well, I can tell you how to control the chime, but the problem I still see is how to tell you in an interface how it is set. The string to send to the M1 to toggle the chime is 09kf01C00C2. This includes the length leader and checksum.

In CQC you can use the Passthrough Command parameter and send kf01C. CQC will add trailing zeroes and calculate length and checksum. So, your action would look like Devices::Field Write(M1,Passthrough,kf01C) On Click.

Each time you press that button the chime mode will toggle between Tone, Voice, Tone/Voice and Off, just like pressing it on the keypad. This will work as is right now. The problem, like I said, is capturing the mode and displaying that on the interface somehow. In the interim, the chime button light on the keypad does illuminate when you press the command button. Maybe you would have to write a macro or something to caputure the return string of 11KF01C200000000087 to determine how to display something on the interface.

Sounds like a driver mod is needed :-)
Yeh, that would be the case, at least to sense any status of it.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Did the Elk driver ever get modified to include a chime function?

Also, does anyone have an example of how you would send the keypad code after 4 digits are pressed, so that the Disarm button can be left out of the interface?
Look at the How To videos on the web site. There's oen there on how to create a key pad popup.
Dean Roddey
My templates have a security keypad. Link in my sig.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
Resurrecting an old post, but I didn't see a final response in the thread.

I am just starting to learn the CQC Actions, but I have managed a workable keypad based on the tutorial video and a few commands that accomplish the 4 keypress request to disarm. Various ways to do this and additional if/else checks could be made. My format was within the '1' digit (last digit of my test PIN), then check if the alarm is not disarmed currently, and then if the length is 4 digits entered. If so, it calls the elk 'invokecmd' with the value of displaytext. I don't currently check for a return value from invokecmd, although if this is returned something could be updated on the display or another action taken.

[Image: 4keys.png]
One easy improvement would be to pass False as the last parameter of the field write, which will have it return a true/false status based on whether the field write worked or not. If not, you can pop up a 'sorry, it didn't work' popup and let them try again. Otherwise, a bad password that was rejected would cause an error.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending HTTP PUT Commands gReatAutomation 2 1,635 09-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Serial Commands for Hunter Douglas Hub! Deane Johnson 65 19,492 07-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  User Action on ZWave Keypad jkmonroe 18 8,315 04-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Inserting a delay between commands? jokermac 3 2,408 03-25-2015, 07:37 PM
  Interface Commands finish.06 7 3,953 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM
  Current Tech/Best Inwall Keypad NightLight 5 2,362 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Sending HTML commands to Blue Iris standon 2 5,366 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
  HAI TCP/IP Security Keypad Help? AnthonyZ 12 3,653 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Last Post: AnthonyZ
  Touchscreen Keypad klindy 8 3,519 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  A couple of questions about OmniPro Commands Acropolis 5 2,331 05-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Acropolis