Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk Keypad Commands
I am trying to simulate the elk keypad and can arm fine. But I have some questions.

1. How can I simulate the numbers on the keypad?

2. How can I simulate the stay button?

3. How can I simulate the chime button?

4. How can I simulate the F buttons?

Thanks

Brian
1) download rippers' elk image pack from the charmedquark.com download section
2) import them
3) on your screen, setup a static text widget and give it a name
4) add a command button for each #,
a) assign a number image as imported in #2.
b) for an action, append the # to the static text widget (ie, when you press 2, have it append a 2 to the static text widget
5) for stay, ripper has blanks. I just took the blank, added the words STAY in photoshop and imported that.

For F, ripper does have that in his image pack.

MAke sure when you press exit/stay/etc, that you clear the static text widget so you can enter another code.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
OK I am a little lost. I don't care about images now, I want to send a command through when any image is pressed. So how do I simulate the stay button, not design/display it.
For the command button assuming a driver name of M1 and an arming code of 9999, you would have Devices::FieldWrite(M1.InvokeCmd,ArmStay:1,9999) OnClick

From the docs:
ArmXXX : area, code

Disarm : area, code

[INDENT]Arm or disarm an area (1 to 8) using the passed user code. There are a set of arm commands, where the ArmXXX in the syntax above represents ArmAway, ArmStay, ArmStayInstant, ArmNight, ArmNightInstant, or ArmVaction.
[/INDENT]
Does this mean you can disarm an area without effecting the other areas?
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Back to my original questions.

Anyone?
liftn Wrote:Back to my original questions.

Anyone?

I don't think anyone understands your question....what do you mean by 'simulate'? Steve gave you the answer for sending the command to
do a stay action. You just set up a command button and populate the command button's action with it.
liftn Wrote:I don't care about images now, I want to send a command through when any image is pressed.

liftn,

you are losing us now.
somewhere along the line you are going to have to put a little effort into it in front of the computer and i think IVB's original solution would have provided you all the answers you seek.

we don't care what image you press either. you clearly stated you are going to press some image though. so why not start with a complete solution that solves the mysteries for you.

steve's post shows you how the manual would answer your question. all the answers are there too with examples like the one Steve provided. you're asking for a lot if you want someone to go through how to simulate every single button on the Elk keypad, when just one example of one button should get you on your way.

try it. you will understand then. or at least have a more understandable question for us to answer.
OK, maybe I am explaining it wrong. In the original post I said I have no problem arming the system from a button, or disarming from a button. The problem is when you disarm as in the example provided:

Disarm : area, code

Your code is already entered in the command line. So any intruder could hit that command button and not have to know the code. Right?

What I am really looking for is how to send, a number to the elk, or the chime button to the elk.

Thanks
I'm not familiar with the ELK driver, but what I would suggest is that if there is not a PIN field in the driver, then create a Global Variable to hold the PIN value. Use an AppendToText Macro that will allow you to punch in numbers to fill the PIN variable. Then, send the command as above, but instead of hardcoding 9999, substitute that with $(MyGlobalVariableDriver.PIN).

As for the Chime, taking a brief gander at the ELK driver, it doesn't appear to be a supported command.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending HTTP PUT Commands gReatAutomation 2 1,672 09-17-2019, 01:11 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Serial Commands for Hunter Douglas Hub! Deane Johnson 65 19,813 07-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  User Action on ZWave Keypad jkmonroe 18 8,344 04-04-2015, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jkmonroe
  Inserting a delay between commands? jokermac 3 2,426 03-25-2015, 07:37 PM
  Interface Commands finish.06 7 4,008 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM
  Current Tech/Best Inwall Keypad NightLight 5 2,392 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Sending HTML commands to Blue Iris standon 2 5,382 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
  HAI TCP/IP Security Keypad Help? AnthonyZ 12 3,661 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Last Post: AnthonyZ
  Touchscreen Keypad klindy 8 3,545 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Last Post: sic0048
  A couple of questions about OmniPro Commands Acropolis 5 2,339 05-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Acropolis