Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver test harness - unknown exception
When I try to launch the CQC Driver Test Harness, I get a dialog that says:

CQC Driver Test Harness
An unknown exception occured

With the option to click OK

(Well, it's not really OK, but what do you do?)

This has just started happening. I rebooted the server, and when that didn't clear it, reinstalled 2.2.4 over the existing install, still no change.

No relevant entries that I can see in the CQC or Windows logs.
Are there any .ErrorInf files anywhere in the CQC directory? And does this happen when you are just starting it up or when you try to open a new session?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
No, there are two 0-byte files in C, but i don't think they are relevant:
Code:
Directory of C:\
09/03/2006  09:19 PM                 0 CQCClient_908.ErrorInf
09/03/2006  09:18 PM                 0 CQCIntfView_3584.ErrorInf
This happens when I try to start the test harness. The macro workshop, and protocol driver harness both load correctly, but the driver test harness errors before painting any windows except the error dialog.
Yeh, those are old. Just for funzies, try opening the CQC Command Prompt and doing:

CQCDrvDev /NoState

And see if it comes up. If so, just close it and go back and open it via the start menu.
Dean Roddey
Where is the State data for the various IDE's located? Is it internally in CQC somewhere or in the Registry?
Dean Roddey Wrote:Yeh, those are old. Just for funzies, try opening the CQC Command Prompt and doing:

CQCDrvDev /NoState

And see if it comes up. If so, just close it and go back and open it via the start menu.

That did it. Resolution by 11:34 am on a Sunday.
It's in the local CQC configuration repository. I need to just make that code failsafe and if anything goes wrong, just blank it out and go back to defaults I guess. Somehow it must have stored some bogus data, and sometimes the issue occurs when you access from different RDP sessiosn causes problems. So it should just recover when problems occur and just go back to default state. I'll see about that for the upcoming drop.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:It's in the local CQC configuration repository. I need to just make that code failsafe and if anything goes wrong, just blank it out and go back to defaults I guess. Somehow it must have stored some bogus data, and sometimes the issue occurs when you access from different RDP sessiosn causes problems. So it should just recover when problems occur and just go back to default state. I'll see about that for the upcoming drop.

FWIW, I rarely ever access the Test Harness except through RDP, so that fits the scenario.
For when I need to search for this thread again, this is to remind myself that /NoState is case sensitive.
Dean Roddey Wrote:It's in the local CQC configuration repository. I need to just make that code failsafe and if anything goes wrong, just blank it out and go back to defaults I guess. Somehow it must have stored some bogus data, and sometimes the issue occurs when you access from different RDP sessiosn causes problems. So it should just recover when problems occur and just go back to default state. I'll see about that for the upcoming drop.

When I try to run the interface editor, I get an unknown exception. I tried /NoState on the command line (CQCIntfDes.exe /NoState), but no luck.

QCQ INTERFACE EDITOR
An unhandled exception occured during GUI processing. Please see the log file.

Error details:
Facility: CIDLib
Error #: 2473/0/0
Severity: API Failed
Error Class: Can't Do
Line: CIDLib_process.cpp/67

Error while settings single process instance information

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 514 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 571 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 997 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,990 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,086 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,679 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,242 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Unhandled system exception in the GUI Thread gReatAutomation 9 2,289 03-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,305 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM
  Timers Driver / Field Time Image / Seconds gReatAutomation 1 1,155 03-16-2020, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey