Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver to Support Dynamic stringlists for Vertical and Horizontal List Browsers
Quote:I'm trying to get this driver working but I am getting the same, "

what exactly is the issue you're having ? - just want to make sure i understand.

it looks like you have it logging data?
~~~ B01nk
I do have the database up and running just fine. But when I install this driver, it doesn't connect (it's stuck at waiting for com resource). It is the same error as discribed in post #24 of this thread.

When loading the driver, I check the box to use it with a database, and then choose the datebase I made for CQC in the next window. I'm sure it is some type of permission error, but since I have little to no database experience, I cannot figure it out.

I've follow the advice already found in this thread: made the CQC Service run as a specific user with admin rights, and I've attempted to make the database available to local and remote users (per the link in my previous post). I followed those directions, and they seem to be correct, but I don't really know enough to make sure those instructions were what I wanted to do.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
ah, is CQC running on a 64-bit operating system? if so, follow the instructions for setting up ODBC on 64-bit operating systems.
~~~ B01nk
I'm running it on Windows Home Server OS which is 32bit.
Brian - a long time user that rarely messes with the system now
Other systems used:
SageTV w/ cablecard tuner & multiple extenders for viewing
BlueIris and IP cameras for CCTV
Incredible PBX for home phone
items i would double check - i'm sure you have, i'm just going down the list of things i know could cause an issue:

i) make sure the SQL Surface configuration tool has been run and Remote access granted.
ii) Setup a network account (or local if cqc and sql are on the same server) with access to the SQL database - use the SQL manager to do this after the account has been setup/
iii) Set the CQC service up to run using the account in step (ii)
iv) setup an ODBC connection to the database, using the username/password from step (iii)
v) disable any firewalls that may be on during the setup, just to make sure
vi) if all else fails, reboot the CQC/SQL server - CQC dataconnectivity will reutinely not connect if they're have been previous SQL connections opened and not closed for some reason.
~~~ B01nk
sic0048 Wrote:I'm running it on Windows Home Server OS which is 32bit.

I had this issue initially too, but then I reinstalled the driver after I put the stuff from Post #5 in a SQL Query and executed it. Magically it worked, but it could have been coincidence... because I am horrible at this stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RainMachine Sprinkler Irrigation Controller Driver kblagron 41 1,108 03-25-2020, 07:41 AM
Last Post: kfly
  Tesla Driver Driver kfly 8 369 02-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Last Post: kfly
  LIFX Driver bobskie708 15 5,538 01-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Philips Hue V2 - Group and Scene Support simplextech 2 280 01-03-2020, 06:36 PM
  Universal Devices ISY Insteon Driver wuench 369 172,415 12-28-2019, 05:15 PM
  JVC D-ILA Driver jokermac 32 2,840 12-18-2019, 12:30 PM
Last Post: jokermac
  RunTimer2 driver rbroders 18 7,209 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Writing Driver - Varying commands based on checksum gReatAutomation 3 659 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Samsung HLxxA750 DLP Beta Driver jrunde 37 20,853 07-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Amazon Echo Hue Simulator Driver wuench 123 55,987 07-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey