Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USBUIRT & Mitsu Tv's
I just received my USBUIRT yesterday and I was getting some devices configured.

I had two Sony products that programmed fine (DVD and receiver) but I'm having some issues with my Mitsubishi TV (wd-52825)

The programming works fine, but the playback doesn't work right. I tried setting repeat from 1 to 3 with no result. I exported the IR file and the codes match up with what I see on remotecentral, so I know it learned correctly, it just won't play back correctly.

Is there something I'm missing, or are there any known problems with the Mitsubishi TV's?

BTW - I've got some other devices working fine. Is there a place to upload them for others to use?

Thanks
Frank D.
Fort Worth, Tx
Elk M1G / UPB / RCS / USBUIRT
Export the files and send me the IRExport files. On the TV, is it a placement issue? Some devices are very finicky about the angle that the signal hits them.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I ran into a problem similar to this with my Hitachi RPTV. The IR receiver for my TV is actually inside the cabinet behind the screen. I had to remove the screen (just a light piece of plastic or something plastic like) and put a sticky, IR emitter directly onto the TV's IR receiver.

I bought mine here but any should work.
Micah Wrote:I ran into a problem similar to this with my Hitachi RPTV. The IR receiver for my TV is actually inside the cabinet behind the screen. I had to remove the screen (just a light piece of plastic or something plastic like) and put a sticky, IR emitter directly onto the TV's IR receiver.

I bought mine here but any should work.

Thanks -
Right now I'm using it without an extra emitter. I tried using the USBUIRT from 1ft to 6ft away, pointing at every part of the TV. I figured it should work about the same as the regular remote. I'm not sure what I'm missing. This should be just like the other devices I've done so far. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. . . .

Also, is there a standard for naming the IR events, such as calling the play button 'play' or the numeric button 'num3' ? Since you have to type them in by hand, it would help if we used something consistent. I think I read that was changing for 2.0. Having a pick-list would be excellent.

Later -
Frank D.
Fort Worth, Tx
Quote:Also, is there a standard for naming the IR events, such as calling the play button 'play' or the numeric button 'num3' ? Since you have to type them in by hand, it would help if we used something consistent.

I've tried to keep them fairly consistent. I will usually change any that are sent to me to add to the IR repository to make them follow the general scheme, which is mixed case commands with spaces, i.e. Play, Next Chapter, Stop, etc... Numered buttons are just called 1, 2, 3, etc... Look at some of the other standard ones, which you can download from the web site, to get a feel for the naming scheme.

They aren't 100% consistent, but the more so the better.

Quote:I think I read that was changing for 2.0. Having a pick-list would be excellent.

That is the case.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I had to redo the naming of my "number" keys for the DVD Changer because
the micro that sends out the 3 numbers to set the changer slot wants only a
single number and no more....so I would suggest using only a single digit at least
for the number keys.

BTW Dean...thanks for the help. I was able to combine the two micros you pointed out to have the USBUIRT work correctly and set the slot number.

Jim
frankdr Wrote:Thanks -
Right now I'm using it without an extra emitter. I tried using the USBUIRT from 1ft to 6ft away, pointing at every part of the TV. I figured it should work about the same as the regular remote.

It's been a couple of years since I did this, but I had the same problem. The USB-UIRT's emitter isn't as strong as a remote and isn't strong enough to get through the TV's "screen" reliably.

I called Hitachi's customer support and talked to a tech who told me exactly where the receivers were located. You might give Mits a jingle and see if they'll tell you exactly where the IR receiver is located. If it turns out that it's inside the cabinet and you're willing to take the screen off, that may be your best option.

You can also look at getting a higher powered blaster that you could put in the rear of the room which would save you from having to open the TV up.
Thanks for the ideas. That might be exactly what's happening. I've got some buffalo IR gear that might take care of the power issue. I'm going to start working on the serial interface driver which should be more reliable.

Later,
Frank D.
Fort Worth, Tx
Well, I had a breakthrough . .

I downloaded the test app from the USBUIRT website and did some testing.

The first thing I noticed was that the codes it captured from my remote wouldn't work when they were played back with their app either (very strange !! )

But, I found different codes for the same functions from remotecentral and they worked fine! I cut & pasted them into the CQC IR file and imported them and everything worked. There are a few misc keys that weren't up there, but I can do without them.

It doesn't make sense that the codes from the *real* remote don't work. But anyway - I'll just be happy it works. Plus - I got some discrete codes for power and devices that the remote didn't have - so I guess I'm actually ahead.

Later -
Frank D.
Fort Worth, Tx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which IR code-set to use with CQC and USBUIRT Receiver bph 1 1,694 02-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Last Post: sic0048
  Usbuirt The Camper 1 1,616 02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Last Post: wuench
  2 zones with USBUirt (or more) Target 58 15,069 07-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Target
  Learning IR code into USBUIRT lpott6 10 4,530 12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Last Post: LesAuber