Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verbose setting not changing in Driver Harness?
Dean, I took a pic of this so you could see what was happening.

Before running the driver, I set verbose to Medium....but I found that I was getting no messages in the logfile.

So I created a local variable to capture the verbose setting. You see what it comes up as, but also that I have it set to medium.

[Image: verbosity.jpg]
There are some issues with that. It definitely will reset if you set it before loading the driver or you reload the driver I think, which would require that you reset it back to what you want again.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I closed the session, set the verbose, loaded the session...no change. So I closed the driver harness completely, started it up, set the verbose, loaded the session....still no change.
Load the session, then set the verbose mode. It's definitely going to get reset currently when you load a new session. If that doesn't work, then in the meantime you might have to just put a break in the Poll() and set it there until I can get this fixed.
Dean Roddey
I closed the harness....started it again, loaded the session, set the verbose....run and same problem. And unfortunately, I never even reach the Poll() because my error is occuring in InitSerial(). I know what the error is because I can step through it, but it took a little bit to find it.
OK. I'll look into this for the next release.
Dean Roddey
I just ran into this problem. It seems as though it is only happening in the Initialize method. In an InitializeOther() method it isn't recognizing the verbose level, but in the poll method it is.
I think it is set after initialize. The thinking being that you don't really need it in initialize since that is only ever called once and so if you log some stuff there it'll never have any danger of filling up the logs. The reason for verbosity levels is because of the repetitive nature of the callbacks which would quickly fill up the logs without some sort of control.

Anyway, I'll look into this. And it will need to be available during init long run, because once I update teh driver system to allow drivers to continue to retry to initialize, then init will get called repetitively.
Dean Roddey
I was using it here because I have a LogHandler class I use and I just plugged in my Catch routine without thinking about it. I found it interesting that you can use GetVerboseLevels().GetText() and it will give you the text from the VerboseLvls enumeration. I had never tried this with an enumeration. Normally I would have created a VerboseLvls enumeration member and set it to the GetVerboseLevels() and then extracted the value of the Text from that.
Any instance of the enumerated value will give you the text values, whether it's a member or one you get back from a call.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver for Amazon 4k Stick Darrie 3 437 01-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  setting up CQC tom 12 1,818 10-31-2021, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  CQSL Interface Driver connects but no control NightLight 3 500 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Last Post: NightLight
  ClickPLC driver now failing after upgrade znelbok 2 945 09-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: znelbok
  Pentair driver tom 5 1,878 08-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Last Post: kblagron
  Marantz receiver driver (IP) dlmorgan999 6 2,009 05-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: dlmorgan999
  How to have a button go through three options? Such as changing floors? ghurty 6 1,490 04-28-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Variables Driver Client gReatAutomation 4 1,612 04-25-2020, 12:46 PM
Last Post: gReatAutomation
  Reconfig of Driver Causes Built In Triggers to Fire gReatAutomation 2 1,198 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
  Lutron RadioRA2 Driver and Lutron Visor Control gReatAutomation 29 11,058 03-19-2020, 01:03 PM