Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will the madness end?
Well, Dell delivers this year's new PC tomorrow for the addition of my bedroom audio / video to the CQC universe in my house.

And because it needs to go into the top of the wall unit, and because there is no network jack present, and because I need an extra coax line for the digital sat radio signal, Ill be pulling off molding and punching holes in drywall to run cables.

And then add the fact that I own the world's last CRT television in our bedroom, that will have to go too so I can get a panel.

And then ill need to revamp the CQC templates.

And so it goes. Again.
It will keep going on until we are no more...:-D
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Ya...I've been wondering at what point Home Automation "hobby" turns into "sickness". I think there's an "obsession" somewhere in the middle. Any psychologists around here?
beelzerob Wrote:Ya...I've been wondering at what point Home Automation "hobby" turns into "sickness". I think there's an "obsession" somewhere in the middle. Any psychologists around here?

Maybe you should write an ELIZA driver for CQC to help you cope with your psychological issues....
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
That'd be pretty easy...it wouldn't even need any text input, it could just monitor the number of driver monikers on the system, and when they reach ridiculous levels (which I know I've seen some of you guy's screenshots), it could just call the authorities directly.
How about wriying the ULTIMATE DRIVER........................

One that knows what you want and does it for you... then you don't have to continue with the obsession.;-)
tia, Ron

Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
I just spent 4 hours playing with cover art. Ill never get that back.
1080iAddict Wrote:I just spent 4 hours playing with cover art. Ill never get that back.
But you will have many hours enjoying the work you did on your templates :-)
tia, Ron

take it from me - it really will slow down someday. I suppose I could do some more stuff, but the law of diminishing returns has taken hold massively now that i've done most everything - still can't get VoiceRecog to work right, rfID seems fairly useless given the monstrous size of the devices, so until then i'm chilling.

I only check the CQC site 3-4x per day now Smile
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation