Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes missing artwork thread
FIXED!!!!!

And the winner is....... Go to the shared music folder on the server (or wherever its located), open the main folder, uncheck "READ ONLY" under permissions, make sure it applies to all subfolders, hit OK, let it change the permissions for all your songs, and BINGO.

THEN.... Use Simon's fix (copied from another thread):

------------------
The problem, ironically, seems to be with the iTunes coverart downloader.
If you just use it, they cover art wont appear in CQC.

What you have to do it get info on one file, copy the coverart.
Select all files then clear cover art
get info for all selected files
copy the artwork into the coverart section.
------------------

Do Simon's fix, reload the repository, and it works.

I have to admit it was a post on the apple threads that got me to the 'read only' fix.
[QUOTE=1080iAddict]
The problem, ironically, seems to be with the iTunes coverart downloader.
If you just use it, they cover art wont appear in CQC.

What you have to do it get info on one file, copy the coverart.
Select all files then clear cover art
get info for all selected files
copy the artwork into the coverart section.
QUOTE] Is this for every album individually?
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Yes, its for every album individually that does not display properly in the iTunes repository.
1080iAddict Wrote:Yes, its for every album individually that does not display properly in the iTunes repository.
Ouch that could take a while if all are missing.
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, LG 86" 4k FP, and a projector in the future
I love CQC so don't get me wrong.... but is there anything in this glorifying home automation obsession that has NOT taken a while?
They just don't make Itunes easy!

I think there is another possible fix for people having trouble with art appearing.

Sometimes when you change the art or embed art into the file, it just won't show up in CQC. As Adam said, it shows up in Itunes, but not in CQC. The files I tried had embedded artwork (as verifed as MP3Tag), but they were not being added to the Itunes Album Art directory, and as such were not showing up in CQC.

The simple fix which works reproducible for me, is to delete the entries from the Itunes library (not the actual files!) and then reimport the same files. This then adds the coverart to the Album Art directory, and it shows up in CQC.

It turns out that Itunes keeps a duplicate entry of embedded album art, presumably to make the CoverView browser work quicker.
Dean,

Right now the album art in the itunes repository browser only comes from the Itunes Album art directory. Is that correct?

Is it possible (and would it make sense), to also have the option to also obtain it from the file directly (if embedded) or from a .jpeg in the same folder. That way there would be 3 places that album art could potentially be obtained from. There could be a hierarchy to the 3 methods which could be selected (database first, folder second, embeded last, or some other order).

This would probably cut down on the missing art dramatically.

nishan
It is already supposed to be looking into the files if it doesn't find any file that maps to the track id in the XML. I think that sometimes there are bogus files that get into the artwork directory, and that it picks those up. If you look through there do you see various quite small files?
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Ok - I see a part of what's going on here.

I imported a bunch of files into itunes, both .m4a and mp3 files. All the files had embedded artwork.

The coverart then showed up fine in the CQC IV.

I then deleted the itunes album art directory.

When I reloaded the CQC IV, only the .m4a files had coverart. All the files were double checked, and all had embedded coverart.

I then added a few more .m4a and .mp3 files. The effect was consistent. The CQC repository picked up embedded album art in .m4a but not in .mp3 (all of this was with the itunes album art directory deleted).

This may explain some of the wierd inconsistencies we are seeing.

nishan
Hmmm.... I'm using the WMF SDK stuff to extract the tags from MP3/WMA files. Maybe it's not picking up the cover art metadata tag. I'll check that. I'm doing the MP4 extraction myself.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iTunes Setup barbourm 12 4,125 01-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  removing itunes indygreg 1 1,465 05-14-2018, 04:09 PM
  Install Error []dll is missing ControlFreak 2 3,556 11-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ControlFreak
  Installation Error - dll missing znelbok 1 2,556 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
  itunes error every 5 seconds indygreg 3 3,053 01-03-2017, 03:45 PM
  Installation error, missing file George M 1 2,541 10-23-2016, 04:31 PM
  DuneHD V2 driver missing "return" CMD NightLight 2 2,535 08-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: NightLight
  Android based device Voice control of CQC How To Discussion Thread batwater 5 4,652 12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Last Post: RichardU
  Artwork for Playlists Trioxide 12 5,347 11-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  Anyone have a iTunes playlist browser already created? Sendero 34 13,626 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Trioxide