Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers in Progress Discussion
Well that point of not packaging all the drivers would be way off, like when we have 4000 or something maybe. And, even if we got there, we'd have to have them available on our site in a way that's amenable to searching by way of CQC itself and automatic download and install, in a secure way. So a WIKI thingie wouldn't be what we'd use when that mythic day finally came. Actually, I would imagine, by the time we got to that point, that we would be important enought that a lot of vendors would be providing drivers for their products because it would be in their best interests.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
wuench Wrote:I don't know what site OS/software you are on, but it might be nice to add a Wiki or Joomla sight (like CQCUsers had) that users can access. Then we could store those files and update our own docs for drivers that aren't in the release. We could even add tips, etc. And it would be a lot easier to search than the forum. For liability, maybe you could even add a blurb about this site is user maintained, we are not responsible if something here blows up your house, yada yada yada...

We tried all of this with CQCUsers but nobody wanted to help in running the site and I did not have the time to give to it by myself. I like the idea of a driver database but would also like to see it under the Charmed Quark site from both a professional sales look and feel and a easy to find/document/post drivers. I would also want all the discussion to stay in the forum.
I agree that Dean and Mark already have to much on their plates to take up this project.
Can someone add my latest driver to the Drivers In Progress thread?
Thanks.
Mikla Wrote:Can someone add my latest driver to the Drivers In Progress thread?
Thanks.

Done........
Please add this link to the Drivers In Progress Thread for the ISY Insteon Driver...
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:Please add this link to the Drivers In Progress Thread for the ISY Insteon Driver...
Done..........
robertmee, you can take the centralite, datanab and yamaha drivers off my list, those have all been given to dean.
robertmee, can you add jrlewis' driver for the Goldline AQ-CO-Serial device for Hayward/Goldline pool control to the completed driver list? I had requested it a while back and he was kind enough to complete it for me.

It is here

Edited 1 minute later:...ahhhh... you guys are too quick, you added it before I even posted!
beelzerob Wrote:robertmee, you can take the centralite, datanab and yamaha drivers off my list, those have all been given to dean.

Done..........
I am working on a one-way driver to support the Samsung HL67A750 DLP. It may work with other DLPs as the protocol document I found is actually for the HL-R5078W. I only plan on supporting the commands in the following areas:
Power
Channel Change
Volume Change
Change Inputs
Picture Mode
Speaker On/Off

The protocol can be found on page 222 of this pdf file. If you would like any other commands supported, let me know and I'll most likely add it for you.

If you have a 3.5mm stereo plug for the RS232 port, here are the pin outs for the cable:

The TV end is a 3.5mm stereo plug. The PC end is a female DB-9.

The main sleeve of the 3.5mm plug connects to the DB-9 pin 5.
The small sleeve connects to pin 3.
The tip connects to pin 2.

EDIT: I have found a more up date version of the protocol document here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lutron RA2 & Caseta drivers Mark Stega 6 818 09-25-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Weather Drivers simplextech 10 4,742 01-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Using Drivers within CML Macro Jnetto 1 7,048 01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Drivers for new equipment George M 10 7,682 12-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Non-Shipped Drivers Links Dean Roddey 6 10,580 01-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Wuench's Drivers wuench 3 12,580 06-09-2014, 02:44 PM
  OnQ/Legrand ALC Lighting Driver - In Progress beelzerob 131 50,651 01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Lighting IP Drivers willplaice 3 4,692 04-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Any drivers need to be added/updated for 4.2? Dean Roddey 8 6,992 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
  Any PTZ Drivers In Existence? zpollock 0 3,651 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: zpollock