Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers in Progress Discussion
The supported devices list should be the definitive one. If you don't see a page there for a device that's in the build, let me know since I just failed to remember to add it. So anything there can be removed from the master list and its thread here locked.

Actually, what I'll do it add another thread which will be the master list. I'll copy the list in the first post to that thread and it will not be for general discussion. This will become the 'driver master list discussion' thread and that one can stay clean with just the list and any commentary that the maintainers feel is necessary.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:The supported devices list should be the definitive one. If you don't see a page there for a device that's in the build, let me know since I just failed to remember to add it. So anything there can be removed from the master list and its thread here locked.

Actually, what I'll do it add another thread which will be the master list. I'll copy the list in the first post to that thread and it will not be for general discussion. This will become the 'driver master list discussion' thread and that one can stay clean with just the list and any commentary that the maintainers feel is necessary.

I'm confused...Will this new list have ALL the drivers in it (both released and under development) or just those under development and not in the release (as before). If the latter, are you going to start maintaining that first post, or will I or others have the ability to keep it upto date?
Just under development. The supported devices list is just things that are shipping in the product. This area is for things that aren't yet shipping in the product, and I'm assuming that you guys will maintain it as has been going on so far.
Dean Roddey
Dean Roddey Wrote:Just under development. The supported devices list is just things that are shipping in the product. This area is for things that aren't yet shipping in the product, and I'm assuming that you guys will maintain it as has been going on so far.

I was referring to the driver packages on the download page. Usually this doesn't seem to be up to date with drivers that are no longer under development, but aren't yet released. It's not a big deal when the development cycle is in high gear like right now, but sometimes it can be a couple of months.

Newer users may not know to come look here for additional drivers. You might want to put a link there to the list here. Then we just don't pull it from the development list until it is available in a release.

Thanks for the new forum, Dean.
Wuench
My Home Theater/Automation Website

[THREAD=5957]BlueGlass CQC Config[/THREAD]
[THREAD=10624]Wuench's CQC Drivers[/THREAD]
wuench Wrote:You might want to put a link there to the list here.

That seems like a pretty good idea!
Keith
ok then, looks like my plan of doing my day job and getting to this tonight worked as I now have to do nothing.

Thanks to the entire community for doing all this work! And big thanks to (is it dean now? Robertmee?) for taking over the relevant threads.
------------------------------------
Some of my devices: Sonos, Aeotec zWave, Nest, Rain8Net, Various H/T
What's next: CQC-Voice, Brultech GEM
My vlogs: https://www.youtube.com/c/IVBsHomeAutomation
Quote:I was referring to the driver packages on the download page. Usually this doesn't seem to be up to date with drivers that are no longer under development, but aren't yet released. It's not a big deal when the development cycle is in high gear like right now, but sometimes it can be a couple of months.

Oh, the stuff there is stuff that is ready to release, but just didn't quite make it into the last release. It's not for anything that's in beta or anything like that. So just once in a while we have one get done just too late for the release, so we put it up for download until the next release. But for the stuff here which is being developed, I'd mostly just let it percolate until the next release generally, to give it plenty of time to get vetted, and then get it into the product officially.

Maybe it would help get some people to come on board if they knew a driver was under development that they wanted. But I'm a little worried about counting chickens before they hatch and all that.
Dean Roddey
Oops, I think I just accidentally whacked one of the driver threads as I was trying to remove all the redirections from the other forums. But I don't know which one it was, since if I did it's already gone. So if you are missing a thread, you are probably the lucky winner. Sorry about that.
Dean Roddey
Go ahead and remove the Sonance driver number for me (42 I think it is).....that one's officially gone into hibernation. But you can add me down for a Cary Cinema 11 driver.
Hey Dean, any reason you locked my Vista Media Center driver thread? I wasn't done with it quite yet ;-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lutron RA2 & Caseta drivers Mark Stega 6 815 09-25-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Weather Drivers simplextech 10 4,734 01-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: simplextech
  Using Drivers within CML Macro Jnetto 1 7,047 01-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: wuench
  Drivers for new equipment George M 10 7,678 12-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Mark Stega
  Non-Shipped Drivers Links Dean Roddey 6 10,577 01-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Wuench's Drivers wuench 3 12,579 06-09-2014, 02:44 PM
  OnQ/Legrand ALC Lighting Driver - In Progress beelzerob 131 50,645 01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Last Post: rbroders
  Lighting IP Drivers willplaice 3 4,691 04-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Last Post: znelbok
  Any drivers need to be added/updated for 4.2? Dean Roddey 8 6,987 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
  Any PTZ Drivers In Existence? zpollock 0 3,650 11-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: zpollock