Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russound CAV 2-way/meta-data integration
Hi, Dean ... did you folks ever receive that CAV6.6 that one of your dealers was going to send you? If not, my demo unit is arriving in a few days, and my install has been deferred a couple of weeks (waiting on a M/A rack) - if you still need one for development, you're welcome to borrow mine.

In addition to the metadata & playlist support for UNO-S2/S1 keypads, I'm wondering if you folks have considered adding addt'l features to fully support their LCD UNO-TS2 keypad? I'll have one of these two I can potentially send you.
We could definitely use it, but the thing is it would just take more time than that. It would take probably a little over a week (real time) to get the initial version done, and then we'd have to get feedback from people and based on that go back and fix problems and such. So there just wouldn't be enough time to really do it. I couldn't do it, so it would have to go to Mark and he's on the East Coast so we'd have to subtract shipping both ways also, and he couldn't work on it full time (which is why the full week+ real time to get it done.)

If it was three weeks and we did a fast ship both ways, we could probably hack it. But I just would worry that at two weeks we wouldn't really be able to get it done.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
Dean Roddey Wrote:We could definitely use it, but the thing is it would just take more time than that. It would take probably a little over a week (real time) to get the initial version done, and then we'd have to get feedback from people and based on that go back and fix problems and such. So there just wouldn't be enough time to really do it. I couldn't do it, so it would have to go to Mark and he's on the East Coast so we'd have to subtract shipping both ways also, and he couldn't work on it full time (which is why the full week+ real time to get it done.)

If it was three weeks and we did a fast ship both ways, we could probably hack it. But I just would worry that at two weeks we wouldn't really be able to get it done.
Are you talking about the CAV6.6, or just the UNO-TS2 keypad.

The TS2 keypad I could let you folks have for 3-4 weeks, no problem ... this is the demo system for my own home, so no rush on getting that keypad installed - it'd be worth the wait for the addt'l integration features, if any.

Re: the CAV6.6 - did your other source ever come through? If not, than you're welcome to mine, and I may be able to swing 3wks without it .... I could do some juggling. Let's take this offline - please email me at ali _at_ aveotech.com and we'll discuss specifics. The CAV & TS2 keypad should be arriving today ... I can send one or both to you tomorrow, if necessary.
OK, I e-mailed you and echoed Mark so that you guys can discuss it.
Dean Roddey
Hi, Dean ... sorry for the hiatus, between vacation and being slammed with residential installs I've lost the thread here; so I thought I'd check in, what's the current status of your Russound RNET driver? Any chance you folks have release notes or a FAQ for the current iteration so I can get up to speed?

Too, I'm _finally_ finished (months later than expected!!) my own CAV demo install - expect to have the basic system (CAV6.6, ST2 AM/FM-XM, UNO S1/S2/TS2 keypads) up and running by end of weekend, and then incorporate JRMC later this week. At that point I'll be in a position to finally help you folks with beta-testing & feedback; further, if you still need a TS2 keypad in order to further your efforts to fully support that device, I could part with mine for a few weeks.

Please let me know ... thanks!
At this point, you probalby want to upgrade to the 2.0 beta. It has the Rnet driver in it. The beta web site is here:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/BetaWeb/

You can download the latest beta from the Try/Buy section. And the Rnet driver is documented in the usual Supported Devices section under the Learn tab.
Dean Roddey
Thanks, Dean ... I'll give it a shot and respond back once I have it running (or, more likely since I'm n00b to CQC, once I get hopelessly confused Wink)

Incidentally, I received the CI paperwork from you but haven't sent it back to you folks yet; re: this, does CQC have an integrator/reseller-specific forum for your partners?
There is an installer area. Once you get signed up you will be given access to it.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trigger on Russound F1 button xlurkr 6 1,792 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  GPS Data from Traccar to MQTT simplextech 0 1,017 02-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: simplextech
  ZWave integration frustrations kjaerligkatt 166 40,162 01-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: kjaerligkatt
  Google Play Music integration sic0048 1 1,352 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Last Post: batwater