Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying slot number
Hi,

I am using DVDProfiler as repository. Is there a variable for slot number?
Not as far as i know... are you using the mediamanager driver?
tia, Ron

My HT equipment I want to control by CQC (some day hopefully)
Yamaha CX-A5100, Dune HD pro 4k, Dune HD Pro 4k plus, ISY 994i, Samsung 4k FP, and a projector in the future
Nope. I am using DVDProfiler Driver.
Currently, you can only get the slot number on an interface by getting it straight from the changer driver. It's not currently one of the things you can display via a Media Text widget, and the changer manger driver doesn't provide it as a field.

BTW, when he asked if you are using the media changer driver, the point was that if you are using Sony Changers, then normally you want ot use the changer manger driver to sit in front of those changers. The changer driver itself is not a media renderer driver, it's just a straight control driver for the changer. The changer manager driver is a renderer driver that sits in front of the changer(s) and provides metadata for what is playing. You control the changer through the changer manager driver, so it always knows what changer is the active one and what's playing in that changer.
Dean Roddey
Explorans limites defectum
I see.
OK, I'm a moron. The changer manger already has a 'CurrentDisc' Field, which contains the last slot that was selected. So what you want to do is already there. ActiveChanger holds moniker of the last selected changer.
Dean Roddey
Dean,

Can I display slot# field in 2.0? I am using DVDP repo.

thanks.
If you mean during playback, then the CurrentDisc field of the changer manager will hold the current slot number.
Dean Roddey
I do not use Sony CX-7777ES device driver. I DVD Profiler browsing driver. Can I still display slot#?
Well, kind of. You can get it from the location info that is available when you make a selection on the cover art browser. If you did something like:

LocalVars:SetVariable(LVar:LocInfo, %(MediaRTV:LocInfo));
LocalVars:Find(%(LVar:LocInfo), LVarBig GrinividerOfs, ".", True);
LocalVars:SplitAt(%(LVar:LocInfo), GVar:SlotNum, %(LVarBig GrinividerOfs));

That would leave the slot number in GVar:SlotNum. You could then push that into some static text widget using an OnLoad command.
Dean Roddey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Week Number RTV znelbok 1 109 10-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Dean Roddey
  Generate Random Number in a Trigger batwater 1 946 12-10-2017, 12:43 PM
  With Nest driver CurMode is not displaying in template properly ghurty 3 2,199 01-08-2017, 08:11 PM
  Correspond image to number? jkmonroe 1 1,300 02-07-2015, 08:10 PM
  Displaying Video in a Web Image Widget wuench 9 2,816 01-10-2015, 03:49 PM
  vBulletin getting excess number of access violations Mark Stega 3 1,736 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
  Not a Valid Zone Number for Blaster Jnetto 21 4,636 12-24-2013, 03:51 PM
  Displaying biographical information pjgregory 0 667 10-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Displaying Changing Images pjgregory 7 1,417 05-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Last Post: pjgregory
  Conver text to number? jpants 3 1,284 03-16-2010, 10:47 AM